RealVision ENB: enbhost causing infinite loading screen

Qrygg

EDIT: Problem Solved! Apparently something in my save file was causing a conflict with ENB. Not sure how that's possible, but when I loaded an earlier save it worked perfectly. Pro Tip: Save often!

I'm not sure what exactly is the actual cause, but whenever I try to install and use ENBoost or an ENB preset, I get an infinite loading screen in Skyrim. I've attached my enblocal.ini settings, although they are the automatic settings that RealVision gave me.

I do not use RazorComms (yuck!) and I do have Avast! installed and running on my machine, but it is not giving me any errors (I have Avast! debugging on so it would tell me if it were causing problems). I see in Task Manager that enbhost.exe loads around 650mb, and TESV.exe loads around 650mb, then both stop loading anything and I get to stare at a loading screen for ever and a day.

System Specs: i5 2500K @ 4.3GHz - MSI GTX760 2GB OC Gaming Edition - 8GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the game works GREAT when ENB is not installed... But whenever it IS installed I get the ILS with enbhost.exe.

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll
[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true
ForceFakeVideocard=false
[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true
[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0
[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=8192
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false
[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0
[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0
[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=true
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=30.0
[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false
[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreLoadingScreen=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=true
FixTintGamma=false
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true

I'm at the frustration level where anything else I do will just make things worse, and I couldn't find any info on this issue googling or searching on the nexus forums so I thought I'd take a break from messing with it to post this. Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.
Edited by Qrygg

My SKSE.ini is already configured with the memory patch. Skyrim (modded) also runs perfectly fine when ENB is NOT installed, my problem is getting it to work with ENB. I'll update the OP.

Did you try both the wrapper and the injector version?

Could also try another ENB mod to see if that works. (*cough* personally don't get why people always seem to absolutely have to use realvision anyway *cough*)

I'm trying the injector version now, hoping that works. Main reason why I chose RealVision is because it has a good rep for working properly and is well documented, no doubt once I get ENB working I'll find something a little more risque :wink:

EDIT: And.... no dice. This time enbhost.exe topped out at 655mb, and TESV.exe at 641mb. Could it be a SKSE plugin or something along those lines? Or maybe it is because it isn't running through Mod Organizer or something? I feel like I'm grasping at straws here, but I really want to be able to use ENB. :/

EDIT 2: I copied my profile and made a new profile in Mod Organizer, disabled a few script intensive mods to test. Then loaded up Skyrim, and started a new character. It loaded right up! Closed out, went back to my default profile in MO, started Skyrim, created a new character. It also worked! So something to do with my save is causing it to not load? I'm not too far into the game, but I'd hate to start over if there is a way to fix the issue... Any thoughts?

Edited by Qrygg

Weird. Not a clue how or why a save would somehow conflict with it. Could try running the savegame script cleaner on your save, but I doubt it will make a difference.

no doubt once I get ENB working I'll find something a little more risque :wink:

:thumbsup: See here for a little showcase of sorts of ENB's that are definitely worth considering: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/474300/?

OK so I backtracked a bit (loaded an earlier save, Hooray! for good saving habits) and it loaded just fine. Something in the save was interfering with ENB. Huh. Anyways, everything is working great now!

:thumbsup: See here for a little showcase of sorts of ENB's that are definitely worth considering: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/474300/?

Definitely gonna take a look at that, thanks for the help and the link :)