Programing What a Joke

I can not find ANYWHERE how to write ORIGINAL computer basic and how to open up a window to it. My grandfather use to be a low grade programmer and I was hoping to learn how to open up a window to let him make some programs for fun. And by original, I mean the 0110010101010100001 stuff, not the :

"begin program_haha".

If anyone knows how to open some sort of window or a download, I would appreciate it.

P.S. My grandfather wants this style only, no javascript, c++, nothing but the original programming style.

Programming in binary will be extremely limited as the commands just to do something simple such as add 2 numbers will fill most of a page. That is because you actually have to write the commands to do it. The next step up, hexadecimal (or older octal) will not be much better. The next step up is assembler which actually has some commands built in for manipulating what you do with all of the ones and zeros, and where you put them (buffers). Basic has some capability to call assembler routines. MS Basic used to be included with DOS, and I think it was included with Win3.1 It is no longer included as very few people use it any more.

There are editors available that allow editing program files at the hexadecimal level, But I wouldn't want to actually try to write a program using one. Although I have used one to make small changes in a program.

Here is a website that has several hex editors available, some free some not. They also have several variants of Basic programming languages including a free version of MS Basic ( Microsoft Small Basic 0.9) That one should be a good one to start learning how to program.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/

Programming in binary will be extremely limited as the commands just to do something simple such as add 2 numbers will fill most of a page. That is because you actually have to write the commands to do it. The next step up, hexadecimal (or older octal) will not be much better. The next step up is assembler which actually has some commands built in for manipulating what you do with all of the ones and zeros, and where you put them (buffers). Basic has some capability to call assembler routines. MS Basic used to be included with DOS, and I think it was included with Win3.1 It is no longer included as very few people use it any more.

There are editors available that allow editing program files at the hexadecimal level, But I wouldn't want to actually try to write a program using one. Although I have used one to make small changes in a program.

Here is a website that has several hex editors available, some free some not. They also have several variants of Basic programming languages including a free version of MS Basic ( Microsoft Small Basic 0.9) That one should be a good one to start learning how to program.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/

Well, like I said, my grandfather(80+yrs old) wants to start fiddling with that kind of stuff again, but we have little to no money. But I can get parts here and there that I can make a computer almost(shoot I got a tandy100sx without the disk still works) and I got an extra cp that has a newer windows(specs are laughable with barley 13 gig hard) so why not have him try working with his head again? But he is picky and wants to just do, like I said, just the original basic stuff that began it all.

Windows is an operating system. What he needs is a programming language - the computer will still need an operating system first, then a programming language.

The operating system allows the programming language, and operator (you) to use the resources of the computer - such as monitor, hard drive, keyboard etc.

Get your computer working with an operating system first, Then install the programming language.

The basic I pointed you to in my earlier post may be what he needs to get started.

Age is no impediment to programming - I am 64 and still write programs.

Windows is an operating system. What he needs is a programming language - the computer will still need an operating system first, then a programming language.

The operating system allows the programming language, and operator (you) to use the resources of the computer - such as monitor, hard drive, keyboard etc.

Get your computer working with an operating system first, Then install the programming language.

The basic I pointed you to in my earlier post may be what he needs to get started.

Age is no impediment to programming - I am 64 and still write programs.

well, if I offended you, I am sorry. I personally am struggling to understand what your saying in the earlier post lol.