Plugins Keep Disabling...

PanzerDakkan

Dont know what to think of it... Every time I go to start the game I enable all my plugins and when I start the game they are disabled... Whats with that?

Is Morrowind installed in Program Files? What mods are enabled is stored in morrowind.ini in the same place as morrowind.exe, which is in Program Files.

Since Vista (and irregardless of whether you have UAC on or off) Windows doesn't like files in Program Files being edited and will use folder virtualisation to store the edited copy somewhere else.

Dont know what to think of it... Every time I go to start the game I enable all my plugins and when I start the game they are disabled... Whats with that?

Is Morrowind installed in Program Files? What mods are enabled is stored in morrowind.ini in the same place as morrowind.exe, which is in Program Files.

Since Vista (and irregardless of whether you have UAC on or off) Windows doesn't like files in Program Files being edited and will use folder virtualisation to store the edited copy somewhere else.

I have all my files on my desktop so I dont have to run around like a headless chicken trying to find everything (Morrowind Game Folder) (Morrowind Mods Folder)

I have all my files on my desktop so I dont have to run around like a headless chicken trying to find everything (Morrowind Game Folder) (Morrowind Mods Folder)

OK, so not the Program Files thing then. Maybe it's got something to do with being in your Desktop (so in user profile directory), IDK. Oh. Check that morrowind.ini doesn't have the read only flag set on it.

OK, so not the Program Files thing then. Maybe it's got something to do with being in your Desktop (so in user profile directory), IDK. Oh. Check that morrowind.ini doesn't have the read only flag set on it.

not sure how to do that...

I don't know Morrowind Mod Manager, what does it do that you can't do in Wrye Mash?

Mash can install mods (Installers tab), enable and disable mods (Mods tab) and repair your save games (Saves tab). What does Morrowind Mod Manager bring to the table which you can't do in Mash?

(It could well be a conflict between Mash and this Mod Manager that's causing you problems with your plugins).