Favorite bands or music?

Deleted1217574User

Inspired by Dark0ne's just posted Spotify thing, but for those of us that can't use it... Just some of my favorite bands, to see if anyone else appreciates them, and to maybe help get some traffic for the ones no one's heard of. Sorry for the length of this post.

At the moment, my favorite artist is Devin Townsend. The guy's a musical genius. Started off singing for Steve Vai, the guitar virtuoso. Then started his own extreme metal band, Strapping Young Lad. If you're a fan of metal, check them out, if you aren't already familiar, you should be. He's also done a bunch of solo stuff, in all sorts of styles.

Here are a few of my favorite songs of his. Note: the SYL songs are NSFW, due to some extreme language at times.

Devin Townsend-Ocean Machine <--- My favorite song of his.

<--- The most beautiful song ever.

<--- Most hilarious video ever.

<--- Best S.Y.L. song, in my opinion

<--- Unfortunately, couldn't find an album version of both together, so here's a live one

<--- The shark speaks truth.

I'll try to keep it shorter from now on....

After that is Nightwish. Symphonic power metal from Finland. They're a metal band, formerly with an operatic female lead singer, now a bit more poppy one, and backed by a choir and/or orchestra. On their most recent album, the backing orchestra had over 100 members. It's a huge, loud, bombastic, and altogether epic sound.

Favorite songs: The Poet And The Pendulum, Ghost Love Score, Slaying the Dreamer, Master Passion Greed, Cadence Of Her Last Breath

My favorite CD is Ben Moody's "All For This." You probably know him as the original guitarist for Evanescence. His solo CD is perfect. Beautiful, angry, deep. Just Like Everybody, In Time, and 10.22 are the highlights, as well as the title track.

Emilie Autumn is perhaps the most versatile musician I know. She covers a huge range of styles. A violin virtuoso at childhood, she went through a ton of sexual abuse and rape at the hands of her professors, which is the subject of much of her music. She's also a huge fan of literature and the classics and Victorian period, her other main influence. Check out Opheliac, What If, Gothic Lolita, Shalott, Misery Loves Company, and most definitely, Dominant.

Lastly there's Eluveitie. Folky death black metal. Or sometimes acoustic ambience. Depends on the album. Both of their styles are great. Even people who don't like metal like Eluveitie. Check out Primordial Breath, Gray Sublime Archon, Everything Remains As It Never Was, Quoth the Raven, Omnos, and The Arcane Dominion.

There ya go, I've filled up a huge part, now it's your turn! Favorite bands?

iced earth

anvil

ozzy

metallica

iron maiden

black sabbath

accept

jackyl

dio

helmet

exodus

corsair

5th floor

defend the fatherless (christian screamo band, i hate screamo but these guys are fun live)

corrosion of conformity

megadeath

pantera

slayer

Death

Impaled

Vomitory

Voi Vod

Dirty Rotten Imbeciles (D.R.I.)

Kreator

Exhumed

Drawn & Quartered

Severe Torture

Monstrosity

Belphegor

Incantation

Revenant

Napalm Death

Skinless

Possessed

Sacrifice

Cadaver

Skinless

Entombed

Dismember

Bloodbath

Bloodfeast

Tankard

Kalmah

Ensiferum

Amon Amarth

Equilibrium

Catamenia

old Metallica

Iron Maiden

At the Gates

Dethklok

old In Flames

Dark Tranquillity

Moonsorrow

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Shade Empire

Mors Prinicpium Est

Insomnium

Pantera

Corrosion of Conformity

The Clash

others...but can't think at the moment lol but ya mostly metal :P

Metal! \m/

Too many artists to list. I used to hate metal, but I acquired the taste and now I'm a huge metal-head. Only been listening for a few years but I can't get enough!

I'll need to listen to that stuff you posted cause I absolutely LOVE Steve Vai, he's just so epic.

BTW, it is spelled Megadeth.