Is it OK if I 'disable' the dead dragon Mirmulnir?

2ndWind

As the title says.

I started a new play of Skyrim - Legendary Edition.

I use USKP 2.0.8a, a few trusty + clean mods, and the bashed patch from Wrye Bash.

The other day I killed the quest dragon Mirmulnir.

Days have passed (in game) but the skeleton persists. I'm being stalked by it. Every now and then it'll pop in and bounce over the ground, every time getting a lil' bit closer to Whiterun's main gate.

Why, with the latest save the creep always spawns onto the very doors as I step outside Whiterun! Even the guards posted to the side occasionally get hurt by it

Mirmulnir outlived its welcome.

Can I disable it for good -- or is this dangerous for the savegame?

Mirmulnir outlived its welcome.

Well, not really outlived. He's already dead after all :P

But seriously, you can disable him without having to worry about your savegame. Can't you just send him flying with an ice spike or something btw? I always do that when they die right in the middle of a village or something.

If you have not already, make sure to use the unofficial skyrim patch and it's DLC versions. Actually those "unofficial" patches are pretty much official thease days. They fix a lot of bugs and are frequently updated. I cannot swear that it will fix your persistent dragon problem but something I run does and I suspect those patches.

Thanks to everybody.
Allow me a quick reply to each.

@ BlackRampage
Alright, then I'll go with disable :smile:
I've met a few random dragons already and they all vanished correctly. I like to think that Mirmulnir is an isolated case. My previous game showed signs of corruption at the 500 play-hours mark, and I hope this one lasts at least as much.

@ notmyhome
I should have known that it was a known problem! I'll keep that mod in mind for the future. But for this game I prefer not to alter the mod list unless absolutely necessary.

@ Hyacathusarullistad
Aren't the effects of markfordelete permanent? I prefer the disable, just so it can be reversed if I ever need.

@ niceguy
Don't worry, I make use of the (USKP) Unofficial Skyrim Patch and its companions, the DLC patches, already.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!