Things you learned from playing Oblivion

Lehcar

People in Cyrodiil can't jump, except you of course

slaughter fish can somehow travel over land and wind up in flooded caves miles from the nearest body of water

Imperial legion Foresters regularly attempt to kill each other

Umbacano is a VERY patient man

You only get about 12 years for killing 1000 guards (maybe that's what Valen Dreth done)

You automatically know the penalty for commiting multiple offences of necrophilia in Cyrodiil ( Is that why you were imprisoned!?!? )

the guards blatantly refuse to enter an oblivion gate to close it, but will happily chase you inside one for stealing a fork

Baurus will always find you, no matter where you are

In first-person, I'm a body-less nightmare (probably why you can't kick anyone)

The main character is a mute, and possibly communicates through complicated blinking signals

The adoring fan is a moronic bootlicker...but so much fun to kill in so many different ways

There is a 'Children of Men' situation happening to the women of Cyrodiil

Beggars are liars - piteous and sickly when they want your money, but as soon as you talk about a rumour, they're perfectly healthy

Drinking as many bottles of skooma as you can is loads of fun, no wonder people get addicted to it

The people of Kvatch tell you they'll rebuild, but even after a year they're still in that camp, whining about the siege

You can't prepare powdered deer penis, even if you've been told it's delicious

You can pay off anyone, allowing you to do anything to anyone

Horses don't poop. Or can't

Food stuffs are immortal, except when eaten

Horses don't poop. Or can't

Even though there's a massive ass crack noticeable from a mile!

What I learned is...

You can carry 549 units of cargo and 9 blackberries in your inventory and swim, run, jump, until you pick up another berry.

Throwing a blackberry off the dive rock and jumping together to see how far it would roll is fun. It rolled up to Rumare Lake once!

Duplication of 15000 watermelons from the top of dive rock and still having 11 FPS on PC is fun.

Alocasias are tasty.

Modding yourself a small hideout somewhere secret, but near civilization is awesome.

You can ask rumours 298,219,371,236,263 times without annoying the person.

Spawning 50 rats and use something stronger than the best Finger of the Mountain spell is fun.

A shop keeper gets pissed off when you pick up a spoon from the floor onto the table, it's real, in one of the inns in Imperial a spoon falls off a table every 3 days.

You can make a sword dance by dropping it at an angle.

I haven't played Oblivion for a year now.

- TES rulesystem sucks. Ok, thats wrong. I already knew that one from playing Morrowind.

- Best way to play with TES is to use the console to level up your character so you dont have to bother with the stupid leveling system anymore.

- Why didnt I had that idea with Morrowind already ? Damn.

- Nobody bothers creating realistic cool heavy armor

- TES makes it not worthwhile to have armor anyway, as you get a penalty for spellcasting. So much for "you can play anything you want"

- Um. Good graphics is fun. As is game physics etc. But really, it doesnt replace having, like, a good game.

- TES rulesystem sucks. Ok, thats wrong. I already knew that one from playing Morrowind.

- Best way to play with TES is to use the console to level up your character so you dont have to bother with the stupid leveling system anymore.

- Why didnt I had that idea with Morrowind already ? Damn.

- Nobody bothers creating realistic cool heavy armor

- TES makes it not worthwhile to have armor anyway, as you get a penalty for spellcasting. So much for "you can play anything you want"

- Um. Good graphics is fun. As is game physics etc. But really, it doesnt replace having, like, a good game.

I think you're misinterpreting the point of the thread.