Anyone else make their carry weight super low for realism?

CherryBelle

Sometimes I like to play ultra realistic.

Even with mods to adjust carry weight and item weight, though, it still comes out to a person carrying around like.. 5 swords, a shield or two, a few light clothing sets, 2 battle axes, that gigantic wooden boll you grabbed on accident, and a ton of clutter.

I mean, realistically, if you don't have a knapsack mod (thank you TreasureChest for your awesome knapsack btw).. it just wouldn't be possible to run around carrying all that crap. On the other hand, the game world is freaking HUGE so being super realistic means you will never accomplish anything. lol. I use a knapsack and the Bandolier bags and pouches to make it look more realistic.

Sometimes I think it would be fun to try a game with a ultra realistic carry weight though. Probably wouldn't get very far in it.. but it could be fun. I'm going to see if I can find a mod that let's you add your own points on the map and have them stay there. That way I can stash crap in some hidden cove (and be able to find it again).

I think it would also be cool to find an animation mod where you see your character take out a map, then have it cut to the map view. Gonna see if something like that exists.

There's just so many ways you can play this game. It's so overwhelming at times. :blush:

I can't bring myself to stop harvesting every single pelt, ore and *shiny* I come across. If I were one for realism, I'd get Hunterborn and place a few "hunter's caches" which act as permanent storages. Or Apocalypse, it's got a "Deep Storage" spell.

hahah oh so true here too.

I tend to just enforce my own max carry weight and what can and can't be looted...Doesn't matter what the carry weight allows over, my Dovah does not exceed 210 in how much he will carry at any one time...and doesn't take what's unrealistic to carry, having just one set of Light Armor (what his wearing), one Bow, one Crossbow with Arrows, one Sword, one Skinning Knife, a little Bling, Bedroll, limited Food, enough Water, Poisons, Crafting Kits (Alchemy, Tanning, Weapon and Armor improvers), Bandages/Ointments, Scent Masks, Soap and an ever changing collection of Alchemy Ingredients, that's about it...all in and on a Backpack.

He only loots small and light items, Gemstones, Alchemy Ingredients, Arrows, Money....leaves the rest.

Don't forget that gold is heavy in real life, but weightless in the game. My current character has like 72000 septims right now which, if he were actually carrying that around, would weigh several tons and probably take up most of the back end of a carraige. I guess you have to draw the realism line somewhere...

Yeah, there's at least one mod on here that changes the weight so 1 septim = 1 carryweight. But I hadn't thought of that. It's very true. Skyrim has no paper money, you're literally carrying around a ton of metal. lol.

I like playing real life-ish in the game somtimes. It's a fun challenge. The game world is so freaking huge though. I mean it's awesome.. but I seriously get lost. If it was real life I would be found starved to death in the woods somewhere.