[Updated] Nexus Trojan/Virus alert

Dark0ne

To disable the warning in Firefox, see this post.

In Chrome and most Chrome-clones (such as SRWare Iron and Chrome+), it's Options - Under the Hood - Uncheck "Enable phishing and malware protection."

In Opera, it's under Settings - Preferences - Advanced - Security - uncheck enable Fraud and Malware protection.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully you meant conscience.....

con·ti·nence

–noun

2. self-restraint or abstinence, esp. in regard to sexual activity; temperance; moderation.
  3. Physiology. the ability to voluntarily control urinary and fecal discharge.

:teehee:

thanks

I flunked spelling 101...

then again such a slip may be Freudian and reflect the true nature of my sometimes prodigious outputs.

@shadowman117 - I've noticed it on other sites I usually trust as well. My local newspaper's site and my favorite sports team sites have had malware related issues with their advertisers.

you might want to try SpywareBlaster® and orSpybot-S&D! (immunize feature) these work by using the host file to redirect system browsers away from malware adds and sites.

Glad to hear that this issue was fixed. I would recommend NoScript, a plugin for firefox and the agent orange of preemptive virus protection, to those who would like to avoid advertisement embedded malware. Easier to make it so that you never get infected in the first place than to have to clean it up after the fact.

I suppose we all been a witness to this "reported attack site", good thing I clicked "Get me outta here" heh heh. Can anyone later on post the forum is safe, or has it been done so already?

The forums don't have ads and thus are safe.

The download sites are safe too as Dark0ne's fixed it. With proper security it's not much of an issue anyway. ;)

Good to know, evilneko :biggrin:

would recommend NoScript, a plugin for firefox and the agent orange of preemptive virus protection,

I agree, It takes a bit of active input to manage NoScript but it has protected my system many times. I also use Adblock Plus but as I said above it defeats the nexus adds. I could have turned it of for any pages i choose though.

Just while on the nexus

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2298/howigotthrough.jpg

Personally I do not understand the interest in hacking or destroying someone elses computer, or anything else for that matter. It astonishing how many people "get off" on this type of behaviour. Hopefully the site is going or is in the process of contacting major anti-virus companies to remove the site from the threat list.

Best Regards,

Cat

Hi,

I have not gone onto the download area since hearing of the virus. But can anyone tell me the name of the virus/trojan that was on the site? My husband is a computer tech and frequently has to deal with customers who have viruses on their computers and has asked me to find out which one this was.

I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know. Thanks for your help.