Frags/C4, upon the backpack

Shotgun, legs

Pistols, as always

Unarmed, as always

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure what you meant here, but I did extract the BSA to make sure everything was in order and that's where I found the error.

I was just surprised that got by me because of the process I use. After creating a model I move the nif out of the FONV folder, recreate the directory structure in another folder and then compress it with bsa commander. So usually if there is an error in the path it shows up immediately when I go in game (since the model is only in the bsa at this point). It's a simple but effective safety check, but somehow I fubar'd it. Anyway here is the new links (well old/same links actually, but updated rars);

Automatically equipped version

Manually equipped version

Try those FrankensteinDR, they should work for you now.

Tahnks for the input/troubleshooting ArekkusuStorm.

And let me know if the armateur/skeleton is still an issue for you. I prefer to parent the skeleton to the model (and all of my previous ones are done that way) for vertex groups, as I like to see where blender assigns them, but if it causes crashes on your system it might cause crashes on others. If that's the case, I can probably add vertex groups by hand or rename the armature in nifskope (don't know, never had the need to try as this is the firs time I'v heard of it being an issue).

Awesome, check it later when i rest. \/

what's in my mind:

add a backpack

Rifle, right side of the backpack

Sniper Rifle, left side of the backpack

RPG/Fat man/Large Melee, back of the backpack

etc......

You should keep in mind that the currently equipped weapon (when sheathed) will use the default locations. So in your scenario you'd also have an additional rifle diagonally across the back, or two handed melee etc. The advantage of using the default weapon locations (even if some of the locations don't normally have that weapon type) is that it fits seamlessly with whatever weapon is sheathed. I can't change that, at least not easily, so it's important to work around it. I have some ideas (a niVis controller on the weapon meshes, or changing the alpha), but they're theoretical at the moment.

In addition, each model takes up a body slot, of which we have a limited amount (and other mods use). Alternately multiple models can be attached a single body slot, but it would increase the number of models that would have to be made exponentially.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...