chrisdragon425

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose the one thing that annoys me most in this game (and TES 3) is that having gotten to that stage where I don't think I'm in a good punch-up unless I have at least 3 Minator Lords at my throat I still continue to get attacked by Rats, mudcrabs and the like.

Not being able to drop quest items even after completing the quest is just stupid (forcing me to use a mod).

The Merchant system in this game is just plain silly... at least in TES it was possible, with a bit of jiggery pokery to sell your items for a fair price.. but in Oblivion what is the point of obtaining a weapon worth 20,000 if the maximum you can ever expect to get for it from a merchant is under 2,500.

I wish I could also ditch quests from my 'list of quests to finish' Having gained Umbra I have no intention of giving it up so would like to be able to mark the quest as 'abandoned' and have it re-allocated to the finished quests list....

Emerging from a dungeon and then having to spend the next 10 minutes looking for my horse that has wandered off is a real pain in the neck....

As an aside, I think many of you seem to be missing the point regarding the beggars and their voice changes.... the gravelly voice is the one they use to beg for cash... for some of them however this is just an act they use to gain pity.. If they have a good disposition towards you and are answering a question they will often revert to using their proper voices out of respect before dropping back into their begging voice once again at the end of the conversation.

...I wish I could also ditch quests from my 'list of quests to finish' Having gained Umbra I have no intention of giving it up so would like to be able to mark the quest as 'abandoned' and have it re-allocated to the finished quests list....

You can complete the Vile quest by refusing to surrender Umbra over to the Prince. You finish the quest (and open the way to the Mora quest) while retaining the super-cool sword with the super-sucky enchantment.

The thing is, once you do so, Umbra gains weight. But, that's the price you must pay if you want the quest stricken from your Journal (or if you want to play with Mister Mora).

Arg... I Just got stuck in Syl's private gardens after taking the route through Xirethard (retarded)...... That was annoying.

You are warned.... if you took the mania path.... don't go all the way through Xirethard.... The doors out of the garden are locked (requires key), and you just spawn by a statue that perhaps is the way back but won't activate... Alas, the madgod is stuck in his own creation.

The Shivering Isles main quest. Way too easy and way too short. :ohmy:

I completed it so quickly, killed the Gatekeeper on my own with no help and killed Jygllag (Or however you spell his name) in one hit, so much for a final boss! All the rest was going backwards and forwards getting objects.

I enjoyed the Shivering Isles main quest, but really disliked the ending because, what are we supposed to do if our character doesn't want to be a god? Why can't we just kill Jyggalag and walk away without major gameplay changes? (The guards worshiping you) Why can't we just grab Haskill or some random citizen and thrust the staff in their hands? The vague magic towards the end of the main quest created the impression that becoming a daedra prince only required you to hold a stick with an eyeball skewered on the end, which ANYBODY can do!

I am slighly annoyed at discovering chests in inaccessible places. (The master chest behind the throne in the Hall of Judgement in Sancre Tor for instance. Unless I missed a secret door?)

I know this is a little off-topic...but does anyone KNOW how to get that chest behind the throne? I've been trying for like an hour to jump up in and it's starting to piss me off!! Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

I am slighly annoyed at discovering chests in inaccessible places. (The master chest behind the throne in the Hall of Judgement in Sancre Tor for instance. Unless I missed a secret door?)

I know this is a little off-topic...but does anyone KNOW how to get that chest behind the throne? I've been trying for like an hour to jump up in and it's starting to piss me off!! Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that it's impossible (without cheating).