Worth buying?

Lehcar

LOL, Morrowind basically pwns Oblivion up and down the aisle. It owns Oblivion so hard I have to resort to textlish to get my point across.

And with some mods, and a quick computer, you can make it look almost as pretty as Oblvion, no lie.

Still, the lack of proper physics is a real pain.

As of now I am downloading the first two games from Bethesda's site.

So can anyone give me a thumbs up or down on this game? I'm kind of wary about buying it because I'm not sure how good it would be by today's standards since it was made waay back in 2002 (I was still just a little kid then!). But can anyone tell me what they think of it? Is it worth buying? How does it compare to its successor Oblivion?

Please, tell...! :happy:

Hell. Freakin'. Yes.

It is such a good game. I played the whole game from start to finish about a year ago, including the 2 expansions. It was just as amazing (if not more so, since I didn't really like reading all the dialogue when I was 8-9). The graphics aren't the best in the world, but the story is great, along with the sheer length of the game.

If you want a recommendation of any mods for the game, just say so. I can pop in my external HDD and check what mods were worth using.

Edit:

LOL, Morrowind basically pwns Oblivion up and down the aisle. It owns Oblivion so hard I have to resort to textlish to get my point across.

And with some mods, and a quick computer, you can make it look almost as pretty as Oblvion, no lie.

Still, the lack of proper physics is a real pain.

As of now I am downloading the first two games from Bethesda's site.

To be honest, I kinda like Morrowind's object placement, without the physics. Sure it's unrealistic when you make a stack of stuff and remove the bottom object, but it lets you furnish your houses really nicely.

I don't even mind the graphics, the beauty of the story makes me forget them :D

Also yea that's true. There are mods that have high resolution retextures, high polygon models (Better Bodies for one was a great mod (no not only because of the nudity :D)).

There was also a project to convert the Morrowind.esm to an Oblivion engine compatible file. The project is abandoned now though, and nothing works in the game. It was a nice try though.

Oblivion's Plot < Morrowind's plot. It's a fact. If oblivion's plot would be better and it would be longer, I would say stick to old blivion, but with the situation like this, better buy Morrowind. It's a must-have for (w)RPG fan,

With respect to posters, my position is this:

OK, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (ant the two seperate additions now ccombined in the GOTY versiona) was noty too great on graphics - and some of the NPC 's arem't what what they were supposeded to be, but reember, this was Bethesesda's first crack at a Windows game, all the others had been DOS fgames. I i know that Oblvion has got better graphics, but remember this, it is not only a later game, but there there is a lost of "back-stoyy" or "behind-the-scenes" informatinon in Morrowind that when you play Oblivion, you are constantly comeig up against something that is explaiined in Morrowind!

In other wordI buy it. Whist I agre that the graphics aren't the best, they werew getting there! You have to remember this was thier first foray into Winows - all the provious ones were made on DAS (Disk Operating System), and the graphics were even worse on those!

My adivice is to buy the GOTY; load all three games AND the Construction Set just in case you want to make a mod or two). Theyr'e not expensive if you know where to too look, I got mine from Amozon.o.uk

If you should buy it? Yes, most certainly, because it is very rhich in its atmosphere, something oblivion lags and even today mods are being made for it. In some parts it even looks better then oblivion with overhauls today. I am thinking of reinstalling it someday.

Morrowind is a must-have chapter of The Elder Scrolls. I keep it installed no matter what new games come along. And yes, it has several years of modding support. If you can get the GOTY version, do not hesitate.

Yes, you should buy Morrowind. I did, and I don't regret it in the least :) It is a lot more difficult than Oblivion, and you can actually die at level 1, so be warned. :D

I don't think it's worth it IF you've played Oblivion first as you will be forced to compare the two and it will be a less fun experience.

It's what I did (I didn't know about Oblivion until 2009) and I stopped playing Morrowind quite fast.

But then again each gamers' experiences are different, maybe you will enjoy it. :)

My personal advice is no

The combat system will take some time getting used to if you've been playing Oblivion, but it shouldn't be a problem once you understand how it works. The 'I can never hit anything!' complaint usually comes from people who are doing it wrong.

And with mods, graphics shouldn't be a problem either. In many aspects it makes Morrowind prettier than Oblivion.