The Nexus State of the Union - 2015

Dark0ne

In response to post #21508324. #21519829, #21519924, #21520684, #21524904, #21530079, #21530884, #21543299, #21548204, #21549074, #21558274, #21558279, #21569799 are all replies on the same post.

CK compiler is not 64 bit, it is All-CPU flagged - Un-flagging it makes it compatible with MO.
Look here to see Tannin's message (he is author of MO)
http://forum.step-project.com/topic/6214-howto-use-creationkit-from-mo/
I've been able to correct and overcome all the little problems that everyone complains about with MO - it is great tool and works well IF you go through the learning curve needed to understand it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy New Year Nexus and hope for many more..

Now for everyone else, just be happy you have 2 to chose from, there will never be a perfect MO for everyone. They do the best they can. but when someone can play with files of a mod or change them - things WILL happen, some good and some BAD.

My perfect MO would be - put a mod in it and the MO did the rest - play the game - NO CRASHES OR FREEZES.

ENJOY,

Edited by Nostalgiaheart

I couldn't thank you, your dedication and your team enough! For many years all I have had to do it just click on a few buttons and away I go playing! I have no idea all the work everyone does to make my gaming experience fun and easier to MOD. Because of all of you I get more value out of a game than I could every get before! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

I did try that thread, actually. I still had an issue where I had to keep moving my script files around and it was compiling to the wrong folder. (See below post)

Wasn't worth the hassle. Plus, it's hard to find that thread. I did search a lot, though I admit I searched Scripting/Papyrus with MO more often than not since the issue isn't with the CK, just scripting in it. It's less my issue with having to do it than my issue with having no readily available and easy to find documentation. As long as I don't have to KEEP moving the files around just to script, then I don't care. Edited by Matthiaswagg

And to clarify, my issue with moving scripts was thus:

In order to access scripts from other mods, I had to move them to the overwrite folder. However, there was some confusion over whether I had to move all of Skyrim's scripts as well (which I think I did, IIRC). Then, I had to move any scripts and update those scripts inn the overwrite folder just to edit scripts from a mod. Then I had to mess around with where to compile scripts, as I wasn't sure where they should be going and couldn't find them. While I infinitely prefer being able to just have my scripts and not have to mess with them, if there had been any sort of thorough and readily available documentation that wasn't just some Nexis posters TRYING to figure it out, it likely would have been fine.