The Nexus State of the Union - 2015

Dark0ne

In response to post #21649839. #21652729 is also a reply to the same post.

Hello, Sorry I should have explained better. I'm not feeling good. So first off: THANK YOU to all here at Nexus. I am new here, and what I see so far is very impressive. My son and I are gamer, and are just now getting into the mods. Yours is the best site I have found so far, and I'm looking forward to see more. So what I tried to download from your site was "Nexus Mod Manager 0.52.3". So I can download the mods on your site for Frycry 3, but when I start up Nexus Mod Manager, there is not an option for Frycry 3. So I'm wondering is there a different one for it? or is it not supported with Nexus Mod Manager? I hope this clarified it better. Many Thanks, Ken

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Wetscale - not every game is supported by NMM - currently just 17. And Far Cry 3 is not yet one of those. Besides the games supported by NMM we have mods for around another 140 games available here with more being added all the time. The mods for other games will need to be downloaded and installed manually - just like we had to for all mods before mod managers existed. Some games do have other managers, and we do allow those to be used with the games here. I don't know of one for Far Cry 3 though - but maybe someone else here does.

More games will be added to the NMM, but there is no schedule. Some games are easier to add than others - Each game engine and each game has it's own way of doing things and require various amounts of programming and research as to how the game does things such as where and in what format it stores its mods and how NMM can do that for you. Some will probably never be added for various reasons.

Mod Organizer is one of the alternate managers, but it is specifically for the Bethesda Gambrio engine based games and does not currently support anything else.

Hi, I was reading a little bit about some of the past downloading issues here on Nexus, and it reminded me of the Arstechnica article I read not too long ago, "Netflix researching 'large-scale peer-to-peer technology' ". It made me wonder about the growing number of Nexus members that download mods who could also become providers of mods at the same time. I am not sure if a system like that is already in place for any populated modding communities. It was just a thought, but not sure how practical it would be, especially when members need to keep their computers on along with other issues lol. Anyway, thanks again to the team for going through hell and back for the community. You guys/gals deserve nice cold hard drinks. ;)

In response to post #21666699.

Hello bben46. Thank you very much for the detailed explanation on this for me. Being new to this really helps.This kind of time to explain things to us new guys will help you to grow. I have already started looking at the benefits of joining, if nothing else, to keep the site moving forward. I am looking looking for sites that not only have files I can use, but also the friendly support for new people that might ask a few dumb questions here and there. So again Thanks. Your answer was exactly what I needed to move forward.
Thanks,
Wetscale