• Good Meals
    • Mascots
    • Drinks
    • Good Side Meals
    • Freebie Vote
    • Different(Unique in its way)
    • Service
    • Catchy Name

We have a local restaurant called Robert's that serves far better burgers and fries than any fast food chain, and they are fresh and made to order but they still have a drive-through (with a fair wait of course). On the rare occasion that I do have fast food, it's Wendy's in Menomonee Falls. Better burgers than average and the food is always hot. I really really hate cold french fries with a passion. When I was a kid I had fast food as much as I could get away with but almost never these days.

What I miss the most is all the good little hot dog, Italian beef, and pizza joints in Chicago...man they make some good food down there. It's what I miss the most about living there. Screw Chicago for the sightseeing, go for the food! I can tell you some killer places ;) Nothing beats a deep dish from Nancy's :D Or an Italian beef soaked in juice and covered in gardinia from Manzo's...O M G.

I do prefer Burger King over any of the other places for fast food. Burgers just taste better over McDonald's and Wendy's. If we had a White Castle around here, I'd eat that over BK. Mmm those sliders are so good :D At least we can get them in the freezer section at the store :D Taste just as good as the restaurant.

I don't eat it much anymore though, it's pretty expensive nowadays. Cost about $15 to feed the both of us and be full. I can make almost 3 meals with that.

WAIT A MINUTE...I just realized something. Where is Pizza Hut? There needs to be a pizza place on there. D:

What I miss the most is all the good little hot dog, Italian beef, and pizza joints in Chicago...man they make some good food down there.

I went to Chicago on a business trip with my father. I ended up just checking out a lot of stuff myself since he was out the entire day. I did eat a Chicago-style hot dog (big bun and lots of meat, relish, mustard, onions and no ketchup,) and some deep-dish pizza. I could only eat two slices of that pizza...it was quite awesome. But it made me have to go to the bathroom an hour later.

The next day, because it was so awesome, I had more.

There's a lot of good places to eat up there...but yep, those sure beat any fast food. Basically anything does...that isn't a steaming pile of garbage. Or more fast food.

(A bit off topic, but Transformers 3 was being filmed when I was up there. They set up explosives. :D)

Eating stuff of highly doubtful food value with the fingers isn't necessarily a sign of advanced civilization, zoogoers say. I'll keep it in mind... I hope so *g*

At least McDonalds and the huge restaurant chains are tempted to keep to standards. If someone finds a chunk of chicken beak or a finger in on of their food products, it's a big PR deal for them. Not so for Ma and Pa's Rural Cuisine. For them all they do is "Oh lord honey, you all right?" and throw it out.

Oh yeah, that was a good one.

Grandma who was a good cook crosses my mind, saying "You are what you eat and how you eat, honey!"

And so I take MacDumb's fast food as a welcome snack when I'm pushed for time and not as a time-consuming Lucullan main meal, probably not enough to become a burger junkie like my bro. Anyway, these days time and its handling is a decisive argument for it or against it.