Playing Skyrim for the first time, shold I use mods?

SM411

Hi,

Im finaly getting a computer that can handle skyrim well, so Im going to play it for the first time soon.

Should I get any mods for it first time playing? If so, please point me in the right direction :blush:

In my opinion, I'd say try the game vanilla to start with. That way you get a good sense of what the developers were trying to do or aiming for, and when you do start modding the game, you'll know what you do and don't want changed.

That being said, I would highly recommend a few mods that simply improve the game without changing the original design. These would be:

The Unofficial Skyrim Patch and any of the applicable Unofficial DLC Patches

SkyUI - A user interface overhaul that makes the game a lot more PC-friendly.

SKSE - Required by SkyUI and many, many other mods.

Better MessageBox Controls and Better Dialogue Controls - Again, just general improvements to the game's UI.

I would also suggest checking around YouTube and the internet for advice about modding, optimizing Skyrim for your computer, and maybe any notorious bugs to watch out for.

Hope that gets you on the right foot. :3

Get graphics mods. There's a ton of ENB's and Texture packs on the Nexus.

Also, if u wanna get into mods, I highly recommend Gopher's Channel on Youtube.
He's got a variety of detailed guides on how to get installed + his style is pretty straightforward and thorough.

I started skyrim modded up to the max. I wanted everything to look as best as it possibly could and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. Vanilla skyrim is so bland. If ur gonna drop 100+ hours in to a game then at least let the game be the best it can be. The developers embraced and encouraged the modding community for a reason. They laid the foundation for all the amazing modders to take skyrim to a whole new level. If you've got a badass pc then I suggest maxing out all ur graphic options at your desposal opposed to playing skyrim and getting the same experience as someone spent 100$ on a used xbox 360. PC MasterRace embrace it.

I also HIGHLY recommend getting Immersive Armors + Immersive Weapons and also Immersive Patrols + Immersive Creatures

The armer and weapons are all very lore friends using lots of stuff thats in vanilla skyrim, example : trollbane armer which is like leather armer with trolls heads on it and a troll head helmet. Seemingly something that fits in to the normal game and it certainly makes more sense than vanilla where troll heads were used to alchemy. You wont be able to tell whats vanilla and whats added from the mod. In my opinion that's the perfect type of mod for a game like this.

The Imm Patrols + Creaturs adds way more life to the game. Making it feel like the world is actually alive and active rather than being super bland. This Dragonborn would much rather fight for a world thats full of life than risk his ass to save a bunch of boring slobs who just want you to run all the erronds for them..... Go collect my gold ring from a cave... f*** yo ring,

Edited by Broodex