NMM 0.53 release and fixes

Dark0ne

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bben46

I dont know what version you mean by 'never', but I had an issue on this version at some point, where nmm would periodically download updates to mods installed with it and install them automatically. yes, I mean nmm, and not the steam client. I knew about that one too, which is why I never use the game launcher, let alone the steam workshop anymore. I'm still on this version because I havent followed updates too much, last time I had looked, it was .53 that was the beta...and it had some features I was wary of.

As for #1 and #2...i'm saying if the mod is copied to where NMM downloads mods to, I want to 'fake' un/install it, IE flag it as un/installed. NMM can look through the compressed file, right? All it'd have to do is do that, get a list of files, and install/uninstall from the game directory. it could even be an 'advanced feature' that doesn't even show up without a checkbox, but I really hope to have it some day. there are some mods that are just a hassle to clean after, and sometimes they have to be manually installed. It's worse when it's those ones with thousands of scripts. Anyhow, thank you for responding at least.

Disclaimer: if my post makes less sense, it's because I just woke up a few minutes ago and am enjoying garlic bread.

@Enigmantic - Repeat, NEVER - that is not and never has been a feature of NMM - really - never. :smile:

We have had people who mix NMM & Workshop mods and have the workshop mods that DO show up on the plugins page automatically update - that is not NMM, but Steam doing that. The reason is that the Plugins page is not taken from the NMM folders, but from the GAME plugins folder that can be accessed by Workshop as well as NMM and LOOT and a few other programs as well. Workshop updated a mod, then the next time you open NMM, that mod will show as updated. Because they both use that same game plugins folder.

In response to post #22175134. #22178799 is also a reply to the same post.

you could try boss/loot that usually tells if you have skse or missing masters. but to tell you if a mod uses or needs skse, hmm on morrowind I use wyre mash I think the skyrim version is wyre bash not sure? you can use that to see what mods / masters each mod uses/requires.

other then that I don't know.

I do hope this version get an update. There seems to be too many bugs in this version. I was using previous build for years without any problem and then this came out and requires new netframework. Since then, everything is buggy.

Right now, whenever I click on a disabled mod, NMM hangs for 10min. Clicking on enabled mods is ok though. Activating 1 small texture mod takes another 10min. Also, NMM crashes quite alot. Usually during the activation process.

For the people who crashes after using NMM,try reloading an earlier save, then load your latest save. For me, the older saves somehow works and let the game load the newest save after that. I am quite sure this is an NMM issue since it only happen after I use NMM.

I cannot use v0.60 because spending hours to reinstall all mods is just not possible. Please, at least make this version works like the older ones.

Edited by GalaxyTachyon

i have a question when i clock download with manager i got this

The address wasn't understood

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (nxm) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address.

how to fix that? is been half year i haven't touch any skyrim and mods come back with new version i got that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...