"Steam" required???

Corehound

He's 11 years old and can't afford to buy a legit copy? Steam is very good.

Why do the Steam Lovers always see fit to immediately insult some one that states they don't like Steam ?

I mean seriously !!!

He doesn't like Steam, he's not eleven years old, he's probably got more dosh than you, he's not a dick, he knows all about Steam and exactly what it does and thats why he doesn't want it on his PC and neither do I.

Which means that I'll miss out on Fallout NV unless Bethesda release a version that doesn't need Steam but I'd rather that than have Steam back on my PC.

Yes, I've tried Steam, and I'm chronically disgusted at their business ethics, what their software does and its intrusiveness, their lack of customer support (support ticket? LMAO), and their almost total monopoly of PC gaming.

My money, my computer, my CHOICE.

And here's another thing, Steam states that when (yes I said "when", not if) they go bust and stop trading they will make it so that all games purchased or registered through Steam will be made playable without Steam.

OK, just ask yourselves this.

HOW ?

The problem with Steam is that you can't play the game off-line as I understand it, so if your modem / router has a meltdown or your web provider experience technical problems you can't play the game, same goes if Steam crashes.

Uhh, yeah you can. There's an offline mode.

Ah nice, at least that is something :thumbsup:

Doesn't make that big a difference for my opinion on the matter though :happy:

But thanks for the info :thumbsup:

With Best Regards

Corehound

http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/devil.gif"Cry havoc and let slip the Corehound of War!"http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/devil.gif

Yah okay granted. But missing out on the best game of the decade over a little 3rd party issue isn't something a person that calls themself a "gamer" is going to do.

1. I didn't like it either at first. Most of the big games have a 3rd party. It's the social network get people that like the same things together an they buy stuff. Not a big deal anymore.

2. I actually like having some of the STEAM functions like chat or voice chat with other folks playing FNV It's fun.

3. I bought a retail disc that says GFWL on the box, an requires STEAM plus an internet connection for a offline game, didn't think twice about it.

4. Remeber a little thing called Rockstar Social Club? yah I don't remember either, I was too busy playing.

5. Lest we forget that FOSE disabled GFWL in FO3 when it became an issue, this being developed by the players.

I always get my PC games through steam ( Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, Oblivion, Fo3 and now NV,) so this is all familiar ground for me so it doesn't effect me much at all. I'm not pro or anti Steam it just has worked fine for me for years.

Give one good reason why you don't like it.

I don't have to justify my dislike of Steam to you. Just like you don't have to justify why you like it to me.

He's 11 years old and can't afford to buy a legit copy? Steam is very good.

Yeah, you're the one throwing insults at someone for having a different opinion than yours and yet I'm the 11 year old. http://themystake.com/sarajevo/emotes/0488.png

There are lucky and unlucky people in the world, regardless of conditions.

In the case of Steam, the only legitimate Anti-Steam comments are those that had terrible experiences using Steam themselves.

The only people that I can only sympathize with are those that have no easy access to the net, those with bad steam experiences as in the above line, or perhaps other Australians like me.

I mentioned once in a different thread that I live in Australia, where our internet is way behind the rest of the world with unreasonable prices. This is the main reason of where my sympathy comes from.

But, I'm one that had no trouble so far with Steam, and so I'm happy with my Purchases, including my purchase of New Vegas.

I don't have to justify my dislike of Steam to you. Just like you don't have to justify why you like it to me.

:laugh: Good ol' "I can't come up with a legitimate reason" debate. I'd be happy to explain to you why I like it, and why i've been happily playing NV for the past 3 days instead of complaining about a little 3rd party app on forums.

And here's another thing, Steam states that when (yes I said "when", not if) they go bust and stop trading they will make it so that all games purchased or registered through Steam will be made playable without Steam.

OK, just ask yourselves this.

HOW ?

Client patch that stops it complaining about not being able to connect to the servers, meaning it's in Online Mode regardless of internet connection. I understand the quote in question didn't contain the words "without Steam".