ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Male to female running/walking animation replacement

SoM3

Could somebody make or give me a clue how to make a mod that will make Man run and walk like Woman (or tell me is it even possible to do that)? I really hate the male animations and i think the female ones would fit them just fine.

Could somebody make or give me a clue how to make a mod that will make Man run and walk like Woman (or tell me is it even possible to do that)? I really hate the male animations and i think the female ones would fit them just fine.

Essentially impossible. It is the exact same animation applied to the different body models. The level of re-work at the underlying model level, coupled with the need to re-do the animations themselves, would require access to the fundamental game-engine code.

You can hear all about the developers recognition of the problem, and their declaration that they "fixed" it in DA2, over on the BioWare Social Network forums, (I believe the phrase used was "gorilla-like run". ) You'll also find their description of the basic female body model itself as "a man with breasts". According to Dan Lazin, one of the lead Developers, they've given each gender its own animations this time, and also gotten rid of the female model's "boy-hips" and "man-shoulders".

"gorilla like run" lol I always thought they look constipated and fixing the "equipped attack run" animation would be HEAVENLY. It is too bad the gifted animation artists from OB haven't made it into the DA modding community yet. Could you imagine Mur Zeik's walk for DA? I don't even know what is and what is not possible but we can always dream. :yes: