ICERAY2000

125 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about STEAM?

• Better than Free iPhones
    • Great - never a problem
    • whatever
    • not very happy about it
    • the end of my Fallout days are here
  2. 2. Should Fallout New Vegas be a completely open game?

• yes - modders need it to be
    • no - vanilla is enough flavor for me

Steam is like a rapist who wears a condom, just like GFWL. THAT and along with all of the problems and bugs killed any interest I had in New Vegas. Gonna pass on this turkey of a game. I'll save the $40.00 for the next BethSoft trainwreck.

EDIT: Jim beat me to the GFWL thing.

Steam is like a rapist who wears a condom, just like GFWL. THAT and along with all of the problems and bugs killed any interest I had in New Vegas. Gonna pass on this turkey of a game. I'll save the $40.00 for the next BethSoft trainwreck.

I've not had any issues yet and it runs far better than FO3 did, I'm not suggesting it's bug free but sometimes you do wonder what contraptions some people are running the game on.

I've not had any issues yet and it runs far better than FO3 did, I'm not suggesting it's bug free but sometimes you do wonder what contraptions some people are running the game on.

I'm running both games on a Pentium D 2.8 Ghz with a 4670 1gb and 2 gigs of RAM and tbh they run really smoothly.

OT: Yea Steam pretty much killed all the interest I had in the game. I uninstalled it and probably won't play it in the future unless some of the mods from 3 get ported to New Vegas.

I bought it through steam, but nontheless i actually play the pirate version. Steam is wonderful tho, love almost every last bit of it.

Does it really matter how you get the game once you have paid for it? The pirate one wont get f*ked over by automatic updates, safer to run with mods.

No need to run it through steam.

The pirate one wont get f*ked over by automatic updates, safer to run with mods.

No need to run it through steam.

You do know you can quickly, easily disable automatic updates on a per-game basis, right?

Right click on game in steam > Properties > Updates tab > Do not automatically update this game. Turn off steam cloud too, if you want.

A standalone game is always superior to a Steam release, given that you dont have to have to be online and that you dont need the client running the the background. The problems come when one game uses GFWL, another Steam and a third EA download. Thats when you get a huge mess.

And yes, modding is good for everyone so games should be open. An active game community can keep a game alive for years after release,