Elder scrolls 6, 5 things you want to see.

captainhalfajob

Things which I would see in Elder scrolls 6:

1. More immersive npcs. Relatipnships to npcs would be really nice. I would also see a better marriage system (for example: a little bit like the skyrim romance mod)

2. No ,,straight ahead" dungeons

3. Some Aedra quests like the deadra quests

4. More dlcs

Better animations and graphic from beginning. So you do not need a mod.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. A gear system like in morrowind, with lots of separate equipment slots.

That's actually inferior in every way to what Fallout already does. Using Fallout's system, applied to armour, you can have vastly more options without the need to manage any more equipment slots.

And we're talking, like, orders of magnitude more. Like, 160,000 vs 49.

I only know how Oblivion and Skyrim handle equipment and that's not enough. In Morrowind you had:

1. Shirt
  2. Pants
  3. Skirt
  4. Amulet
  5. Left Ring
  6. Right Ring
  7. Mail/Chest Plate
  8. Greaves
  9. Left Pauldron
  10. Right Pauldron
  11. Left Gauntlet/glove
  12. Right Gauntlet/glove
  13. Boots
  14. Helmet
  15. Belt
  16. Robe
  17. Weapon (one handed, or two handed with no shield, or bow+arrows in 2 hands)
  18. Shield

1. A gear system like in morrowind, with lots of separate equipment slots.

That's actually inferior in every way to what Fallout already does. Using Fallout's system, applied to armour, you can have vastly more options without the need to manage any more equipment slots.

And we're talking, like, orders of magnitude more. Like, 160,000 vs 49.

I only know how Oblivion and Skyrim handle equipment and that's not enough. In Morrowind you had:

1. Shirt
  2. Pants
  3. Skirt
  4. Amulet
  5. Left Ring
  6. Right Ring
  7. Mail/Chest Plate
  8. Greaves
  9. Left Pauldron
  10. Right Pauldron
  11. Left Gauntlet/glove
  12. Right Gauntlet/glove
  13. Boots
  14. Helmet
  15. Belt
  16. Robe
  17. Weapon (one handed, or two handed with no shield, or bow+arrows in 2 hands)
  18. Shield

Yeah, and insane amounts of clipping... We have unmatched or clipping issues even with Skyrim/Oblivion equipment types. Devs aren't gonna put extra thousands of hours simply in matching every piece of equipment to avoid clipping issues and non compatibility, though would be great, sure.

There's no reason to make Belt a seperate item. It's just a pointless equipable slot that doesn't add anything to armour and it's not a prominent element in most attire.

Part of the problem with Morrowind's equipment was, sure, you had lots of slots, but you HAD to manage it all. It wasn't an element for those who wanted to engage in that level of aesthetic variation, it was a mandatory part of wearing armour. It was also prone to some silly overpowered exploits (waaaay too many enchantable parts) and absurd visuals.

Of coruse, I've realised that I'm pretty radicall when it comes to some things. I actually think the dialogue wheel has the potential to the best system we've ever has for dialogue, and think the Light-Medium-Heavy armour concept is total garbage and should be scrapped in favour of a single Armour skill...

Edited by Lachdonin

Of coruse, I've realised that I'm pretty radicall when it comes to some things. I actually think the dialogue wheel has the potential to the best system we've ever has for dialogue, and think the Light-Medium-Heavy armour concept is total garbage and should be scrapped in favour of a single Armour skill...

Mostly agree, but this part I don't understand... If there would be single armor skill than players will go for armor which gives most protection, and that will be presumably some heavy Daedric Armor. At least have 2 types like Light and Heavy (yes, unarmored was ridiculous), thus to have a choice between max protection with low mobility and less protection with better mobility. Skyrim tries to do that (though real poorly) but still, I think devs should press that concept more.

Skyrim tries to do that (though real poorly) but still, I think devs should press that concept more.

I agree, but I think the traditional Armour Classes are holding that dynamic back. Artistically, mechanically and conceptually, is a problematic dynamic based on old gameplay and lack of basic understanding, and I personally beleive it's a major contributor to the relatively bland and one dimensional combat in TES games.

Of course, there are a few other factors that need to be addressed in conjunction with armour to move forward on the issue, so just merging Armour skills doesn't solve anything.

I'll yammer a bit more about the issue, as I see it, in the other thread, where I think it's more appropriate...

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/970114-time-for-ideas-on-tes-vi/page-20&do=findComment&comment=31938285

Edited by Lachdonin

Voice argument is very viable, it was bugging me from day 1 and still does... It's really stupid not to have at least 3 presets to choose from, I don't ask for speaking PC but he still screams while getting hit and etc, but no matter he's young or old his voice is the same... ridiculous. And no wheel interface, please.

As for the armor, your solution is good, no doubt, but its way too complicated for games like TES IMHO. All points are valid, but considering game is fantasy, and we cannot assume some material properties of, say, dwarven metal, moonstone, orichalcum or even gravity as it is (there are also magical barriers serving as armor), it's hard to judge how body + armor should behave, that's not even considering absolutely unrealistic and even awkward armor models and modded ones.

My guessing is that they should put more penalties on heavy armor users like movement, increased stamina costs, more staggering and etc. This is surely dumb, because everyone knows that type or armor doesn't really hinder movements, but that's the only realistic way I see gameplay-wise... Hope Beth will come up with something better in TES 6, but merging all armor in 1 skilltree still isn't best idea IMO.

As for the armor, your solution is good, no doubt, but its way too complicated for games like TES IMHO.

Oh,it gets mire complicated... And then (at least I think) it becomes so miraculously simple when everything comes together... I just couldn't stand typing any more on a 14cm touchscreen.

As for the Wheel... It's so versatile and easy to expand, and offers so many nuances that are just cumbersome to pull off with a menu system... Yes, Bethesda's weird obsession with 4 options leaves a bad impression, but the Dialogue Wheel has the potential to turn TES and Fallout conversation into... Well, conversation, instead of awkward exposition delivery.

Hope Beth will come up with something better in TES 6, but merging all armor in 1 skilltree still isn't best idea IMO.

Merging armor is no good imo. It takes away from variation and player choice. I want to have at least 2 different armor types.. 3 would be way better if they are balanced properly. Heavy - good damage absorption but lower movement and attack speed + spell cast failure chance. Light Armor - Flexible movement, swift attacks, very low spell failure chance. Medium armor - well a good medium between heavy and light armor... and no armor or robes for casters and hand to hand combat characters. But to each their own.

If something is properly balanced I don't see a reason why it should not be added to the gane. The same goes for belts. It's 1 more slot you can think about, 1 more item type to find. For some people finding the hidden gems in games like these is the real adventure. Sure enchanting has never been in a good spot in the elder scrolls titles... it was even more OP in Daggerfall. The solution would be to add some sort of hard CAP, like "only the highest enchantment counts" or "only 2 enchantments of that type add up, everything else gets ignored". That the player would not be able to run around with zero mana cost, like it is in vanilla Skyrim.

Edited by blattgeist