Companions Nonessential

SealJuice

Possible Mild Spoilers

Ok, so I think I am all hardcore and was glad companions could die on me. But...this is getting ridiculous. Companions always die way too easy. Companions only last a few hours of play.

I do not rush into combat. I am a sniper. Boone is following at a distance and Veronica is in Metal armor.

Ed-E was destroyed because he rushed into battle at suicide odds. Boone was ambushed by Cazadores. Veronica lost a fight one on one with a feral ghoul. Cass was killed because an NCR MP attacked on the strip and every NCR and Securitron joined in- again, suicide odds.

The AI needs to know when to run and use stimpacks. I spend every battle running up to my companions and constantly checking their health. It's silly.

I am now going to set my companions essential, but it doesn't feel right.

What do you guys think about this?

I had the same experience. I love hardcore mode, having to eat, drink and sleep really adds to the immersion. I found a mod that makes companions essential even in hardcore, and I love it. I roleplay it by sending companions who fall unconsious back to my suite to "recover from their wounds." sometimes, the game is what you make of it.

I had the same experience. I love hardcore mode, having to eat, drink and sleep really adds to the immersion. I found a mod that makes companions essential even in hardcore, and I love it. I roleplay it by sending companions who fall unconsious back to my suite to "recover from their wounds." sometimes, the game is what you make of it.

I thought so to but they never seem to use the stimpacks I give them.