Fallout New Vegas Multiplayer

timtheundertaker

Multiplayer?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a multiplayer mod.

2. 2. Do you think my changes could work if there were to be a multiplayer mod?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was tried with Morrowind, Oblivion and FO3, all without much success. With the talent Bethesdas modding community has if it was possible it would have been done by now.

this.

There were some prototypes for Tes4 but they barely even worked.

Nice ideas, but all of that together is a piece of cake compared to the actual multiplayer client. Many thousand people already cried about this for FO3 and probably the same number of people "Looked into it" and it still hasn't happened. If it was "easy" bethesda would have made one, it was definitely the most requested feature for FO3 and I'm sure they didnt just "overread" it. As the game is not "open source" it will be at least as hard to make as the GTA ones. I am sure the people able to do this either look into it or not, no matter how many polls, blackmail to bethesda or "ideas" we post. I really hope bethesda will work on it sooner or later as they have the mapower and sources for this. As a "Mod" however i fear we are still lightyears away from it.

• 3 weeks later...

They once thought fallout 2 was impossible to make it into multiplayer. Now look what happened. Fallout ONLINE.

They entirely rewrote their own engine for this, it only uses fallout 2's assets, and look how many years it took?

heres a solution http://csusap.csu.edu.au/~mloxto01/ its oblivion multiplayer just port it to fallout newvegas or what ever i dont know

And instead of making specific game modes first, you could make a "Free Roam" mode where you are basically in the game except with other players. Side quests/main quests couldn't be done though. Free Roam would just be used to have fun and do crazy things.

They once thought fallout 2 was impossible to make it into multiplayer. Now look what happened. Fallout ONLINE.

They entirely rewrote their own engine for this, it only uses fallout 2's assets, and look how many years it took?

heres a solution http://csusap.csu.edu.au/~mloxto01/ its oblivion multiplayer just port it to fallout newvegas or what ever i dont know

Considering the fact how crappy it worked and how hard it would be to port it.

• 2 months later...
Well I'm working on a border lands style multiplayer. I think it's the best way to go. I am just working on small files while I wait for dead money so I can work a fully compatible version. Oh and if you could reply to this with a link to a mod with working drivable cars.

I don't know if you have heard but there is a project for fallout 3 online multiplayer and it appears to be going quite well.

here is a video they released after they got the movement working properly

• 5 months later...

ok first off that is just "one" other person i have seen tons of vids similar to this for oblivion fallout 3 and new vegas

now i know this may sound COMPLETELY absured to most of you BUT use a program similar to the minecraft "basic" servers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbRfEuTKH-o

watch the video and you will see how they do it in minecraft and if someone is smart enough they could probably configure it to work with fallout!

i think it will work anyway :P