Bethesda's first-ever E3 conference!

Zaldir

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #22626059. #22628034, #22636819, #22645084 are all replies on the same post.

@Arthmoor:
Was it Todd or Pete? I just know it was one of them. As for the engine, I already messaged you about that, but of course I could be wrong. It just seems that an SDK is something only BGS would do. Plus, proper coding could allow the engine to be an Open World engine. I think that's also why the engine is powered by Id Tech, but not isn't fully Id Tech itself. The extension (Void) probably handles the Open World aspects, and the base (Id Tech) handles the graphics, effects, etc. Of course, I don't know much about engines, so I could completely be wrong on how this is.

It comes down to the fact that it's BGS' coding that does the Open World part for all of their games, it wasn't the vanilla Net Immerse or the upgraded Gamebryo. It was their own take on the engine that allowed it to be that kind of Open World engine. Id Tech by itself doesn't support the persistent Open World that BGS wants, but with proper coding it can. Of course, there's quite a bit of coding you'd have to replace.

You know most of this though. Edited by Camonna Tong

In response to post #22626059. #22628034, #22636819, #22645084, #22660454 are all replies on the same post.

Just because the engine wasnt trademarked until that time doesnt mean bethesda hasnt been working on it yet, whens your creating an engine you really dont need to trademark it until a while in.

In response to post #22626059. #22628034, #22636819, #22645084, #22660454, #22668584 are all replies on the same post.

I don't really see Bethesda using the engine unless it was complete by then. If Fallout 4 is released in October, that will not even be two years of them working on the game.

In response to post #22626059. #22628034, #22636819, #22645084, #22660454, #22668584, #22669169 are all replies on the same post.

@Camonna Tong-

I cant possibly see why Fallout 4 would get a 2015 release date, if it were revealed in June. Thats just not enough time, even if they started back in 2013, which they didnt. Also, an entire conference just for one game? That doesnt make sense to me, unless they are really working the hype train. I think it might be 3-4 titles like at other conferences: Fallout 4 teaser with a 2016 expectation (meaning christmas 2016), possibly a Dishonored sequel, maybe something about Doom 4, and an ESO update/expansion/state of the union (yeah I know zenimax has the handle on that one). I personally would like to hear something about a Demons Forge sequel, as I liked that one alot, even if it wasnt all that good.

I dont want to hear anything about a TES: 6 game. A lot of things need to happen before I can get excited about another elderscrolls game.^^

-Natterforme