Bethesda's first-ever E3 conference!

Zaldir

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope it's elder scrolls 6 but if it isn't at least fallout 4 would be good. I hope it's not one of their other games or just eso.

My guess is that Bethesda will be making some big announcements (Fallout 4, Doom 4, Dishonored 2, or a brand new IP) at this conference, otherwise why even have a showcase? As far as a new elder scrolls game is concerned, I think it's a possibility that we shouldn't rule out. History shows that Bethesda has a pattern of releasing new elder scrolls games about a year to a year & a half after new consoles are released. Oblivion came out only a year after the xbox 360 was released. Same with Morrowind for the original xbox. We're at about that same time now with the xbox 1 and ps4. However, since ESO is being released for consoles just a few weeks before E3 that release date might make them decide to wait on announcing anything else ES related. I guess we will see. Edited by phellen

In response to post #22562299.

I don't think a new engine will be used for this one. The Trademark was too late, unless they were working on it awhile before that trademark filing. Best bet is for TES VI. Personally, I'd rather wait for a new engine, then having them rush it and not being what it should be. Plus, I am pretty sure Pete Hines said they will use the Creation Engine for the new one. Unless, they wanted to keep this under wraps.

This could be a trademark for an Arkane game though. They might have decided to embrace modding. As for id Software, there's no point in them trademarking a new engine. The id tech trademark covers all sequels of the engine. Just like the Fallout trademark covers Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, etc. The only thing I can think of if this is id Software doing this, it's an apology for the Rage SDK, which still doesn't work.

The Engine is Void Engine (Void Studio for the SDK) Powered by ID TECH. That last part makes me believe it's not id Software using it, but another developer. Who knows, maybe it's Bethesda's Rentable engine. I highly doubt it though, as in order to use the engine, you have to be published under them. Unless that policy changes, or some developers don't mind, it won't happen. Edited by Camonna Tong

Hope that is Fallout 4, TES 6 can wait a little more hehehe