vehicle mod

sujeet2555

Arlix already did a vertibird for FO3.

Prolly a stupid stoned idea, but what about making it a weapon? I mean just take a car instead of a gun and pick a large enough one so noone can tell you're standing/walking. if you pick a tank or so then the controls would even be halfway realistic i think. the clipping would just be an issue and using it indoors. Give it a 2x speed perk when you equip the weapon and done with the poor mans vehicle. I assume the motorcycle or hoverchair were made a bit more realistic though.

The earliest 'vehicle' was a motorbike done as clothing, it was really, really terrible. Please don't let it return. :P

yea i heard about the fo3 one just vetrtibirds fly and they canon so they would make sense with a decent amount of lore as to how you acquired one and maybe add some encounters of raiders mercs and such trying to take your prize from you, vs a flying chair :P.

you could even make so you found a mostly intact vert and have to find parts from around the world to fix it up. crashed vert site tool factories, enlist the help of a npc to fix it or do it yourself with a high enough skill. finding fuel for it nuclear core or gas or whatever those fly on.

I want a sports car. Or a motorbike.

And i want a hover tank :woot:

The motorbike (clothing) was not well implemented but there was nothing wrong with the idea and if you succeeded in getting it working then going from Bigtown to Little Lamplight in about 4 minutes was a blast after months of jogging around. The mounted machinegun stuff was dumb given you were easily the fastest thing in the DC wasteland, dropping mines was quite sufficient being as any opponents were inevitably lumbering along behind you.

The controls were dismal and running into something brought you to a dead stop (ala Snowcrash) with no penalty. It was an ambitious project and it was a shame the modder couldn't get it together.

However FNV has huge barren sections on the edges of the map that could be used for 'fun' vehicles.

Personally, the Ghost in the Shell 'Tachicoma' is about the last word in vehicles. Autonomous AI spider tanks that can roll, run and climb!

The first bike (vehicle) mod was made by Veliv and is the basis of all driveable vehicle mods (with the exception of AndyW's Hoverchair) following it. Veliv used the motorcycle Fenrir (by xsilver)from Oblivion mod fame as the seating bone (Bip01) for the player in FO3. Veliv is the true pioneer of of FO3 vehicular travel. J3X (pioneer of the speed script) and others improved upon Veliv's work, hence the motorcyle, chimera, vertibird, etc followed. If you load my (bad) mods mesh files into nifskope and resize Bip01, you will see Velivs bike becuase without it, the vehicles won't move. So as awful as that bike is, it will be used in NV as soon as nvse is updated to use the current steam build because I can't find the steam beta which nvse requires.

• 1 month later...

there's already vehicles in the game, cars, trucks, motorbikes, only static destroyed vehicles tho, but what if one could make some sort of animation on one, and add the sitting script to it?

And wheels, animate them to spin, sounds simple (as usual, many things soudns simple in theory, in practice...well that's a different story).

Sounds quite reasonable in my opinion.

And yes i agree on having a real land based vehicle in New Vegas (and Fallout 3 of course), already completed NV several times, both with and without hardcore, with and without use of console for somehing "extra".

So instead of walking, on could drive, of course not all locations are suitable for driving, but one could leave behind the vehicle and find another later on.

Anyway, motorcycles would be the most obvious choice regarding size.

Maybe a "unique" version with higher ground clearing allowing for use in more sloped areas.

Well, all it takes is a model and scripts spiced up with some animations.

Bah, i've never modded before, maybe this could be something to start with?