New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE) RELEASED!

Echelon

So is it possible to launch from FOMM with NVSE, and 4GB enabled?

According to a post in the 4GB comments you......

To use this with NVSE, rename FalloutNV.gb4 to FalloutNV.exe and double click the nvse_loader.exe file.

I don't know how accurate that statement is because I have no memory issues with NV and don't use the 4GB thing.

I hope you're right as I'm about to try it. I have a 6GB rig, with everything set to high (except water reflections etc) and lots of Mods. I have a framerate issue when Project Reality pours rain on me and I've had at least 2 CTD's following this. I also tried the 'Type 3 Body' but I think that's now preventing loading (although seperate issue)

I'll let you know if the renaming 4GB to FNV.exe actually works. I hope so.....

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the 4GB enabler and NVSE Plus the Fake Fullscreen. If the 4gb enabler executable (fnv4gb.exe) is in your game directory then the fake fullscreen will detect and run it as far as I've seen.

Future versions of NVSE will be backwards compatibile

That isn't progress

I haven't a clue on how to write a script extender or how to use the geck. Just make a install thing for it, why is it so difficult to do. This is virtually going to kill my FONV gaming. Unless I get some help.

None of my mods on New Vegas doesnt ever work i downloaded Version 12 for new vegas script extender and still some of my mods work like the Town Wrecker,Bullet time,Pipboy Readius,Animated Drinking,killable children,pipboy remover,chinese assault rifle,and the sprint mod

but whenever i am using a non related new vegas weapon it shows up like a big frickin red sign with a ! in the middle every mod in my data file does that i tried everything i put the meshes and textures in the data files doesnt work! I put it outside the datafiles and still red sign nothing wow i need help literally plz reply to me!

I hope you're right as I'm about to try it. I have a 6GB rig, with everything set to high (except water reflections etc) and lots of Mods. I have a framerate issue when Project Reality pours rain on me and I've had at least 2 CTD's following this. I also tried the 'Type 3 Body' but I think that's now preventing loading (although seperate issue)

I'll let you know if the renaming 4GB to FNV.exe actually works. I hope so.....

I take that it worked then as you haven't reported back? I'm about to try this myself .. I saw the 4gb patch for skyrim fixed a lot of random ctd's for me .. I let Skyrim run overnight to test it and it didn't crash once .. used to randomly crash, crash when opening a link sometimes on steamfriends, etc .. So thought I'd give it a go for NV aswell, but it's been a bit of trial and error to get it to run with FOMM and NVSE

• 4 months later...

I can't get the .exe and .dll files into the directory. It just fails. Any suggestions?

Sidenote, i am using a pirated edition, but when i play steam comes up and says that it is working.

Yup, using a stolen game can cause that. It will also get you banned here.

Bben46

Edited by bben46

• 1 month later...
I'm getting a steam error 51 or another (the kind with a string of 0's followed by several numbers) whenever I try to run NVSE. Searches haven't returned anything. I've had someone tell me it's because I'm running on XP still, is that the reason..? Not at home at the moment; I can give more information if it will help.

• 1 month later...

I am trying to download the 4GB version of the NVSE. However, the alternate loader download site has:

The requested location contains malicious content, identified as Mal/Generic-L and was blocked from downloading.

Return to the page you were previously viewing.

It looks like the fnv4gb_helper.dll is the one triggering the hit.

• 2 months later...

I have installed, i.e simply copied and pasted, all .dll and .exe files from the zipped NVSE v2 beta 12 archive into my root and not the "\fallout new vegas\data" folder (as reported to do so in error on the NVSE page at newvegasnexus) into the following directory:

D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas

When I attempt to load the game either by using nvse_loader.exe, or with FOMM, I get the following error message:

Application load error 3:0000065432

The game otherwise loads fine without NVSE, either by using FOMM or the usual means via Steam, except that it states NVSE can't be found and is required for the mod (Project Nevada).

I understood the error message as some sort of Steam issue, so I checked my FONV integrity and updated the program, restarted steam and attempted to reload with the same resulting error. I have run searches for this topic here at the forums and discovered that those who receive the error typically do by using the FNV4GB memory extender, which I would like to eventually get to, as it now works with NVSE, but first things first. (I tried using the FNV4GB patch as well with exactly the same results, so I'm also aware of the NVSE-compatible version.) Is this an issue when Steam "thinks" you have altered an .exe file? I'd like to play the game with Project Nevada, and other mods that make use of NVSE, but I am about ready to give up.

My machine uses XP (SP 4?), if that makes any difference, and all my software is set to: run as administrator.

Edited by thorubos