"The Golden Claw" Quest Alteration

AlduinWorldEater

I've been thinking that I'd like to be able to hang on to the Golden Claw, but the kind of characters I usually play have a moral obligation to return it to Lucan. What I'd like to see is a mod that adds an extra dialogue option - "Would you be willing to part with the claw for the right amount of money?"

Now, to Lucan and Camilla, the claw is a personal treasure - their prized possession. As such, it may take some persuasion (and a little bit of butt-kissing) to get them to part with it - for a rather hefty sum. Definitely more than he pays you for finding it.

Or - perhaps, if you decide to woo Camilla, be it for love or just to spite Faendal and Sven, the claw becomes an item that you can pick up legally. After all, what's hers is yours once you marry her, right? And since the claw is half hers, and Lucan becomes your brother-in-law...well, you get it. Sure, it may end up involving the awkward idea of moving into her family's home, but still a viable option.

Would a copy work?

Come back after you return the claw. Ask Lucan if you can copy the claw. Take it to Alvor with 3 ingots of gold to have him make it. Legit way to get the golden claw.

This is pure genius. I hadn't even thought about that.