Extremely annoying movie ads are back

Spysix

It was nice to enjoy a few weeks without the annoying movie ads but now they are back again...

The flash movies are provided by OneScreen and are extremely obnoxious for not only automatically playing ads that play stupid music and have annoying people telling you what to do, you can't pause them.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4168/adsinmynexus.jpg

The best you can do is mute, it which is difficult to find since it's dark grey on grey, and if your mouse gets near the ad box it unmutes itself....oh and it never stops, it just plays a different ad.

This is really bad, especially if you're browsing mods or images and you open new pages via tabs they all start playing and suddenly you get 6-10 girls simultaneously telling you how bad acne is...uh..yuck and extremely annoying.

Nexus please find another provider or something, I'd rather just see WoW ads all over the place than this stuff.

I have no idea who is in charge at OneScreen thinking video ads that you can barely control is the best way to get a product out. The world that we live in...soon we'll be dreaming ads.

I don't know about other regions but I live in USA, Maryland if that helps narrow it down.

My God, these ads drive me insane.

I tend to open several tabs while I'm browsing through the Nexus and having these ads play simultaneously with their unusually loud volumes are extremely annoying. I cannot stress that enough.

I dread having to visit the NV Nexus now due to these ads. Please, if you are to include movie ads, at least don't make them play automatically... please.

I am in complete agreement. I upload files to the nexus every other week, and while I'm on I look through mods by opening them in separate tabs, these videos all start playing and the sound is crippling to the ear. I realize that ads like these are how the nexus gets the vast majority of its funding, but these really are impeding upon the experience of the site. I don't think ads should be taken away because it supports the site, but these are really too much.

If you are using Chrome click the wrench go to tools then task manager. Flash should be somewhere in the list and from there you can kill all instances of flash at once. If I used Firefox more often, I'd add the site to my hosts file to prevent it from ever being loaded again. I hate these things so much. It's especially annoying when I'm listening to music. I could be listening to some of my favorite songs and be interrupted with "BUY MY PRODUCTS, LETS TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME THIS THING HERE THAT YOU AREN'T EVER GOING TO BUY IS!"

Never posted on this forum before, but I'd really like to add my two cents here because I am also driven nuts by these ads.

I honestly wouldn't mind it if it was just the ads alone. Sites need to have that kind of thing. But the gameplay videos that follow the ads are particularly annoying, and I usually tend to get the same two videos all the time. I'm not here for videos of how to get a bobblehead or some other random tip, I'm here for the mods!

I was actually looking at buying a premium membership just to get rid of the videos but the 'features of being premium' page did not say anything about getting rid of them. (EDIT: Wasn't looking hard enough, apparently!) As others have said in this thread, these videos make multitab browsing very unpleasant.