⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

New paid full-time community manager and development lead job role open for applications

Dark0ne

I applied a few days ago and I've been checking my email on the hour ever since. When I read about this upcoming position in the State of the Union address I started writing down ideas and it has grown into quite the list. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to share them.

Having this position would be an amazing experience. It would allow me to give everything I've got to the modding community that I've been a part of since I bought the PC version of Morrowind back in 2005. I'd love to be able to add to this wonderful community in meaningful ways, and here's hoping that nearly a decade of experience will at least get my foot in the door.

Good luck to all my fellow applicants! Whoever gets hired will do a great job, and I'm looking forward to exciting things to come here at the Nexus in 2015 and beyond!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #23252104.

Yea I share your sentiments. I have also applied, however probably don't have as much experience specifically with the Nexus community as many others will. I'm more known in the Bethesda modding pages, and my own gaming communites which I've been a part of for like 8 years including doing a podcast.

Fingers crossed to all, I'm sure we all have tonnes of ideas, so maybe the first thing the community manager should do is run that question by the community itself :)

"What do you want to see improved in the coming months?"

I just applied.

I can't wait to get involved with the modding community; finally!

My modding skills are sorely lacking, so, I have always wished that there was another way for me to directly help out.

To all you modders and end-users out there, you're all great. I've never seen an Internet community as helpful as the lot of you.

See you on the Nexus sites. Hopefully!

@Tetro, Yarrr!!!

@mns123 It's a great way to be involved in the gaming industry. With the amount of things one can do I'd say it's certainly an interesting job. :)

@deltaxghost Bben46 made a great reply explaining the details, but in short: it's not possible due to copyright law.

@Jaasce Thanks, Jaasce! Still crossing my fingers, despite them getting weary. lol

I wish you good luck Seren4XX I think you would be a perfect fit. :)

@Toby. Yup, it was illegal under NZ law. And very likely International and US law as well. (The US injustice dept has been known to ignore 'inconvenient' laws before) But he is still on the hook, the US injustice department (bought and paid for by the big media Hollywood and music companies) still has all of his money (they confiscated all of his bank accounts in NZ and Hong Kong as well) and everyone - even people who were not using Megaupload for copyright infringement lost all of their files permanently. Now, do you want to try screaming illegal when a swat gang with full auto weapons breaks down your door and shoots your dog for copyright infringement? (shooting your dog seems to be standard procedure for swat gangs) Kim has raised millions to fight the case ( the US injustice department refuses to allow him to use his own money to hire lawyers) And he is nearly broke. Can you afford a lawyer at all? The injustice department has made sure that it will cost more to fight any accusation than it will to pay the insane fine for copyright infringement their Hollywood masters demand.

If you don't like the Kim Dotcom case - check out the one against Jamie Thomas-Rasset. She was not a wealthy website owner, and is still fighting after over 8 years - her 'crime'? copyright infringement of about 24 tunes - the fine? US $222,000 or about $9250 per tune. ( yeah, it has been reduced then raised to $1,500,000 then reduced again, currently it is back to the original $222,000 )

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Records,_Inc._v._Thomas-Rasset

Please actually read the entire article and take note that she had actually paid for most of those tunes on CDs, and was convicted anyway because she had downloaded them in a different format (MP3 vs WMA).