Under-endorsed mods

ZZZ02

we all have seen this at least once on any nexus mod page, a great mod that was well thought out and has little to no issues. The problem, low endorsements and you are like "what, this mod is amazing why the low endorsements!"

of course the low endorsements is a big turnoff especially for first time mod users but also veterans alike.

I want people on the nexus to give their shout-out to great mods that you feel have been overlooked and give them the credit they deserve and possibly letting the rest of the community (myself included) in on these great mods.

for example: Grimoire by steelfeathers and More Interesting Loot by GhengisBob are both under endorsed in my opinion especially Grimoire seriously you guys should try them.

Transmogrification - Copy Armor Stats

Pretty sure everyone knows the style vs. stats dilemma and I am not aware of another mod that does what Transmogrification does.

But it's also a very simple mod. People seem to endorse effort, not functionality.

I seriously doubt "effort" is nearly as much of a significant variable as it should be.

A mega involved quest mod / overhaul will net more endorsements than sth like transmog - sure. But will an average quest mod net as many endorsements as your average pretty follower / enb?

Besides, many people want something like transmog but never heard of it. So, there's my shoutout.

Thanks!. I'm checking these mods out now!

I tend to agree with BigBizkit. Mods that appeal to the masses are always going to do better than those that cater to a niche market. I mean, I think my mod is pretty decent for a house mod, but I know that there aren't going to be a ton of players that want to be in a place that has more kids running around in a single location than they'll run across in the entire game combined, & I'm okay with that.

But, I do wish there was a better way to find some of these underrated mods. Because, while they may not appeal to a large audience, they are still extremely useful for the few of us that were looking for them.

Here are some I use that could be considered underrated:

Skyrim Child Overhaul by Hallgarth

On-screen Interface Key Fix by jimnms

All Follower Voice Types with Greetings by jedijosh920

Better steel arrows and quiver by Reisz

Fixed Eye Adaptation by GSJ1977

Fort Dawnguard No Cobwebs by GyntRyles

Red Vampire Eyes-Dawnguard and original by RaistheWolf

More Stables by CiXwOw

No Blood by Citizen86

Colorful Lights - No Shadows - DLCs by UWShocks

Static Objects by knightspk2

Tbh it's a free market and should stay that way. Any attempts by users to skew endorsements in favour of the mods they deem better based on their own values (or their own mods) are the equivalent of government interference. Edited by EnaiSiaion

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. But, there are other ways to find mods other than looking at the number of endorsements, & some of them do not work so well. The search feature on the Nexus doesn't work all that great at times. There are lots of times where I cannot find a mod using the search feature, but will paste the same search criteria into Google & the link to the nexus page where the mod is hosted pops right up, etc.