Shunned with NCR but they still dont attack me?

junjo75

So I became Shunned to the NCR and expected that the next time I ran into one of them I would immediately be attacked, but to my surprise I wasnt. My game is unlucky enough to be severely bugged when it comes to the Powder Gangers so Im real weary now when it comes to something to do with my reputation in game. Is this how it should be? I thought being "shunned" toward a faction would result in them attacking me on site? Instead all they do is mouth off to me in dialogue. I can still walk into their towns, trade, etc.

Is this a bug?

I don't think that "Shunned" is enough for them to attack on sight.

However, when I was shunned by NCR, I met a group of rangers who threatened to attack me if I don't raise my reputation with NCR within three days. But that time I was not ready to fight with them, so I responded politely and did Ambassador Crocker's quest in three days, thus restoring my reputation. Don't know what would have happened if I hadn't done it.

I think with the NCR what people are saying is right: Shunned isn't enough for them to shoot on sight.

Still, the bug you're talking about does exist. My current playthrough has that bug with the Legion. I am Villified, but no matter how many of them I kill they only stay hostile so long as I'm in combat with them. It's an interesting bug, one I have no idea how I produced.

In my current game I have become vilified by NCR and they don't attack me on sight. I didn't realize that was necessarily a bug. They tell me to get lost most of the time, but if being vilified by NCR meant attacked on sight, you pretty much would have to stay away from civilization altogether. I think that may be by design.

I think with the NCR what people are saying is right: Shunned isn't enough for them to shoot on sight.

Still, the bug you're talking about does exist. My current playthrough has that bug with the Legion. I am Villified, but no matter how many of them I kill they only stay hostile so long as I'm in combat with them. It's an interesting bug, one I have no idea how I produced.

I have this bug as well, yet both legion and the kahns are affected. I was vilified by both, and nothing will convince them to attack me on sight as the powder gangers do. It's an annoying bug to say the least, imagine if every enemy (death claws, radscorpions, etc.) in the wasteland were "yellow friendly" until you decide what you want to do with them, not very fun at all.

But anyway, after researching the bug online to see who shared the same problem, and it turns out a lot of people have been experiencing this bug, I read that perhaps it might be a problem with the faction armor resetting your reputation permanently after un-equipping. So I decided to start a new game without equipping a single piece of faction armor, and I just found out that it doesn't seem to be the case, I became vilified with legion without previously equipping any faction armor, and they still won't attack me.

I also tried console commands to manually reset my reputation with them and add infamy till I was vilified to see if they would attack then, aaaaand that doesn't work either, so after failing to find a work-around, I guess I just have to sit back, grit my teeth and hope for a fix.