Looking for a suitable follower management mod

Frostelis

Hello,

I am in need of help.

I am looking for the perfect follower management mod. The ones I tried are:

UFO

EFF - Extensible followa framework

UFO - isn't updated in years and functions buggy. Sme followers tend to wander off/wait/sandbox while Iclearly didn't command them to. But it is the only mod that has the function I need. That function is: "you could dress better" which makes them show their armour in their inventory when I trade with them, then I can take it off and give them my armour, it's also great for custom armours which otherwise cannot be obtained from the follower inventory.

EFF is much less buggy and still updated with beta versions, but it does not have that option. The only similar one is to make them naked, but then they lose their armor and I can't obtain it from their inventory (vanilla followers included), so this mod isn't good enough to use for me.

I heard of AFT, but read around the comments section and found out that it clashes with Wintermyst which I use extensively. Pretty buggy and not updated in quite a while. Also I assume it's very script intensive and probably doesn't even do what I need exactly. So that one's out of the window.

Also I heard of Simple Multiple Followers mod, which seems to be in it's early stages and msot importantly updated frequently. But it doesn't seem to have that option as well.

Question is, is there a better mod which has the exact same function or am I stuck with the buggy and outdated UFO?

Apparently I can't use EFF and UFO at the same time, cause then one or the other doesn't work properly and followers don't even have the "Follow me" dialogue option.

I'm at a loss here. I really need such an option to re-equip my NPC followers, but to also not lose their owned armours.

Anybody have any suggestions? Advice? Help?

Kind regards.

"buggy and outdated"...

You can always just create your own follower framework.

"very script intensive"

It's all relative. I see too many people throw around such notions and questions like "is this mod script heavy" without having any clue about how scripts in Skyrim work and how they may or may not impact overall stability.

What kind of "clash" would AFT have with Wintermyst? Aside from maybe some enchantments not working for followers.

Follower Live Package (FLP)

Has so many options and takes a little to work em out, but offers one of the best wardrobe management from what others have said.

You can have your followers equip different gear depending on location and combat, eg: Wilderness, Home, Towns, Inns, Combat etc.

It's also compatible with most other follower mods.

Honestly, using UFO "You could dress better" breaks your followers wardrobe if you reset UFO or uninstall it and half your followers will run around nude, (even after talking to Tina before uninstalling and even if you've left the follower native clothes in their inventory).

UFO "You could dress better" option all it does is:

Fade to black (Crossfade)

removes all items from the follower to a chest

then adds all the items back to the follower from the chest.

Crossfade from black.

That's why you can access there default wardrobe inventory.

UFO "You could dress better" option all it does is:

Fade to black (Crossfade)

removes all items from the follower to a chest

then adds all the items back to the follower from the chest.

Crossfade from black.

That's why you can access there default wardrobe inventory.

That's exactly what I need.. I need to access my follower's default inventory, not jsut heir weapons, but most importantly their armours, the ones they carry with them from the start, so I can take them. If FLP can do that function then I'll gladly use that mod. I will try it out nonetheless, thanks.

"buggy and outdated"...

"very script intensive"

It's all relative. I see too many people throw around such notions and questions like "is this mod script heavy" without having any clue about how scripts in Skyrim work and how they may or may not impact overall stability.

What kind of "clash" would AFT have with Wintermyst? Aside from maybe some enchantments not working for followers.

No, I cannot create my own follower management mod, cause I have no knowledge how to do even the simplest of modding making in skyrim.

I'm looking for the least script intenisve mods, because I don't have that good of a video card and I already use Wet and Cold, Frostfall, Ineed and other script based mods on top of that. So the simpler the mod the better it is for me.

I'm not sure about the clash, but I saw a comment at page one of the comment section in the mod page and the person said that AFT ruins Wintermyst enchantment system somehow. I didn't understand that fully, but if it clashes then I don't want to use that mod. If there is no better alternative though, other than using UFO I might try it out as a last resort.

"buggy and outdated"...

"very script intensive"

No, I cannot create my own follower management mod, cause I have no knowledge how to do even the simplest of modding making in skyrim.

I'm looking for the least script intenisve mods, because I don't have that good of a video card and I already use Wet and Cold, Frostfall, Ineed and other script based mods on top of that. So the simpler the mod the better it is for me.

I'm not sure about the clash, but I saw a comment at page one of the comment section in the mod page and the person said that AFT ruins Wintermyst enchantment system somehow. I didn't understand that fully, but if it clashes then I don't want to use that mod. If there is no better alternative though, other than using UFO I might try it out as a last resort.

Then you should not bash some of the most popular follower management mods as "buggy and outdated". Look at all the games made by paid (read professional) TEAMS of developers. And those charge money for their games and are those always 100% bug free?

Seriously, some bugs are to be expected.

You are not sure about the clash but one person said it ruins Wintermyst. So it must be true.

So many users who can barely install a mod with NMM post on various mod file pages how mod X ruined something, caused them CTD or destroyed their savegame. When the reality is those people have no idea what they are doing and thus have conflicts in their load order et altera.

I use AFT and I use Wintermyst. Everything's perfectly fine.

DUYF may be an option for you.

btw. your video card does not run scripts.

"buggy and outdated"...

"very script intensive"

Then you should not bash some of the most popular follower management mods as "buggy and outdated". Look at all the games made by paid (read professional) TEAMS of developers. And those charge money for their games and are those always 100% bug free?

Seriously, some bugs are to be expected.

You are not sure about the clash but one person said it ruins Wintermyst. So it must be true.

So many users who can barely install a mod with NMM post on various mod file pages how mod X ruined something, caused them CTD or destroyed their savegame. When the reality is those people have no idea what they are doing and thus have conflicts in their load order et altera.

I use AFT and I use Wintermyst. Everything's perfectly fine.

DUYF may be an option for you.

btw. your video card does not run scripts.

Saying the truth (in this case that the mod is outdated and has bugs) is not bashing. That is the problem with UFO, it IS outdated. Last uploaded file on 2012(?). Numerous bugs reported.

Thanks for reasurring that AFT won't make my skyrim explode, but does it actually have the option I need?

If scripts are not dependant on my vid card then on what ? My ram? Got 1gb of video card ram and 8 gb of virtual ram if that's right. My game still lags from the script overload already. That's not the point tho.

What is DUYF??