I have a fear.

Keanumoreira

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Clinical insanity - Not the joking kind of insane, and not just sort of insane. Many of us are probably partially crazy. I'm talkin' about bat**** crazy. The kind where you get locked in a mental ward and strapped to a bed. I think truly losing one's mind to psychosis is pretty frightening to think about.

2. That female ghost in the black nightgown in the movie Pulse. The one that stalks the black dude across the room from the closet and slowly creeps over him when he falls by the side of the bed. I'm scared of that chick. She creeps me the hell out. Gotta hand it to the director on that one. I'm not easily messed with by horror movies, but that girl is f'in' creepy.

I tend to be fascinated by fear though, so I intentionally watch, read, and play things that disturb me. Something exhilarating about it.

Bees and Wasps, except Bumblebees. Seriously.

Ever since I had a Wasp in my mouth as a young child (truth be told, it remains to be a vague memory), I've been somewhat afraid of them.

Been doing much effort though to tough them out during outside meals. 'Ignore' them if you will. But if they penetrate my "comfy zone" for too long, or are on me, it's a big challenge for me to not panic.

It must have something to do with the 'possibility' of stinging, because I really have no sense of panic when it's a Bumblebee in said context.

(I don't know about other countries, but the ones in Belgium cannot sting. I've therefor never killed one in my life)

I have a slight fear of Spiders too. Not to cal it agoraphobia though (excuse me if I got the term wrong).

My theory on this is that my mother is terrified of them. To an extent of Agoraphobia this time.

It probably was yet another one of those 'childhood' experiences...But I've been actively fighting back that fear with hunting them down and squatting them the first chance I get.

Something of a "the best defense is offense" theory...

Now I can proudly say that, if I catch a spider on my wall in my bedroom, I rise up like a predator and find something to smack them with. Physical contact is still somewhat out of the question, but I'm gettin' there...

The big tarantula spiders and the likes are still on the no-no list...It's not always easy to look at AlienSlof's profile. :pinch:

But like I said...I'm gettin' there.

Oh, and losing close relatives and friends who had a significant impact on how my life got shaped.

I won't name names, but rest assure that it's something I don't want to happen. I know its inevitable, especially with my parents, but deep inside...

I used to fear the fact of death. (not the Reaper. The Reaper is 'Awesome +10'. Gotta love Children of Bodom too, great group)

I'm not a man who has a strong belief in any faith (not an Atheist, 'not yet' :P)

I used to find it a frightening thought that there's absolutely nothing I have to hold on to right after I die. What happens with me? Will my soul just vanish? Will it end? Its a mind-shattering thought, and I just have to tell myself to stop bashing my head about it and go on with my life. Now I'm in a phase of acceptance: It'll happen, qui sera, sera, no?

Oh another note, I have a lot of respect for people who either overcome their fears or are brave enough to come out for them, especially if they're embarrassing ones. Remember: before Agoraphobia was officially recognized, people who suffered it were often laughed at.

OH, and I'm afraid of World Of Warcraft. So many stories of people who absolutely end their social life ENTIRELY for that game. I will never in my life touch it. For once, I call something evil because its too good.

Edited by RJ the Shadow

Bees and Wasps are nothing compared to Hornets they hurt the most, checks previous, bees are harmless just don't scare them and they will leave you alone. Funny enough they are considered to be the most intelligent out of all of the insects, because of there ability of path finding.

Off topic as anyone noticed the 2 attachment options, Dark0ne must of forgot something.

Edited by Thor.

Bees and wasp... i kinda hate them after an accident i had.

We where in Pakistan (My fathers idea. i hate him for it) my and my brother where eating an icecream in the back yard and then a hornet (i think) came, it was bigger then a bumblebee (half my thumb) and had 3 dots on its head.. i was scared s~~t less, i proper panicked too cos it was coming toward me, i obviously screamed my ears out. Not good memories. No memories from Pakistan is good anyway.

bees are harmless just don't scare them and they will leave you alone

They're not completely harmless, I was 6 I think and I was just walking down the street and it came and stung my thumb...

I guess I must have walked into it by accident. Which just goes to show that it's easy to agitate bees, even by accident.

Also bees die after 1 sting don't they? So that makes me a murderer?! :P

Oh and another fear: Death (specifically by swine flu, been thinking about that recently).

Edited by MadMike710