Dragon Combat Overhaul breaks the fight against Miraak?

morogoth35

That fight is buggy as hell to begin with. I've used DCO and have gotten through that fight ok, and there were other times where I couldn't. The only suggestion I can make is to use the console to finish the quest, not very sporting I know, but I had to do it that way once myself.

setstage DLC2MQ06 550

I have the same problem with Miraak fight, dragon never lands he tries to absorb soul and he gets stuck in the middle in his ethernal form with full health. After i removed DCO and tried the fight again everything was normal.

How did you remove DCO without breaking your save file? I assume DCO uses a lot of scripts. Doesn't it?

• 3 months later...
I had to do the same thing. All I did was untick the mod from the plugins list on nmm, and started from a save before the fight (right before you use bend will on the dragon). I had no issues with Miraak after that. Once the fight was over, I ticked DCO back on. No issues, no fuss. Maybe I'm just stupidly lucky.

• 6 months later...

I just ran into this problem just recently. I suspected DCO because I had only recently installed it. Something in the new dragon behaviors prevents the 2 regular Dragons from landing(scared or perhaps have their own agenda). Sahrohtah can still land however but won't always. Uninstalling DCO and deactivating any 'patches' you may have built DCO into may allow you to pass thru the fight. Once the quest is done save and quit your game. Reinstall DCO and reactivate your patches and proceed to play.

Note: By 'patches' I mean ASIS-Dependency, ASIS, AutomaticVariants, Skyproc patches and the like. At least this was my case though I did not have to deactivate Dual sheath redux.