Universal Log in for Nexus

KDStudios

I never log myself out of the Nexus Forums or any of the Nexus sites, but every 7 days the Nexus sites auto-log me out although the Forums never do. Having to log-in to all Nexus sites every 7 days does get a bit tedious after a while! I would think that if you can stay logged in on the Nexus Forums you should be able to stay logged in on each of the Nexus sites. I guess there's some reason why the Nexus sites handle log-ins the way they do, but I'd like to see either a universal log-in to all Nexus sites or a "Log me in automatically" option if possible.

Yeah that's what I'm looking for.

But I am reconsidering it now, surely it would already be here if it were possible?

I mean it's already on many many many sites we use, but not on this one.

I'm thinking there would be a problem with it (What? I'm not sure...)

Each site is on its own domain, so they generate separate cookies because of that. A universal login would probably need to be on a separate domain from the rest, which raises more logistical issues than it solves. The easiest way to solve the need to log in so much would just be to extend the expiration time on the cookies. 7 days seems a bit short to me. Perhaps extend that out to 30 days?