User Rename Question

Drakmyth

I was reading through some of the other threads in this forum looking for a way to change the username on my account. I have recently begun going around to all the different sites I visit and either renaming or re-creating my accounts to use the same username (though still different passwords, I've been bitten by that one before) especially on sites where that username is visible (i.e. forums). It seems that in this community, the proper way to do this is to request your account be banned and then to start a new account. If this is how it must be done that's fine, but here is my concern.

I currently have a mod available for FO3 and would like to keep all the comments/endorsements and other things. If I understand correctly, creating the new account means that I would lose access to this mod. While I could hide/remove it and re-upload it on the new account, it would lose all the data currently associated with it. Is there a way that I can either have my account renamed (so as to keep all data intact for the mod) or to transfer authorship of the mod, and preferably uploader name, to the new account?

Thanks,

~ Shaun

All you have to do is to PM one of the administrators(buddah, LHammonds or Dark0ne) and explain what your reasons are.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=228864&view=findpost&p=2039479

My suggestion in this case is to do the work yourself rather than getting the staff here to do it. Sounds silly; people who work here not wanting to do it, but we do have better things to do like working on the site or keeping the place clean and tidy.

If you don't have a disposable email account at yahoo or google or MSN or something then set one up and register a new account with the name you want. Once done PM a moderator and inform them you have made a second account because you no longer liked your old username and request your old account be banned. In the PM remember to include your old account username so it can be banned.

Done; you have your new username!

Banning an account takes about 10 seconds and 2 clicks. Changing a username takes anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 days if the username requested already exists and is about 8 clicks...of which a lot of time is spent waiting for the site to finish searching 1.75 million members in the database for possible name conflicts.

They -DO NOT- do username changes. I've already asked.

Well, mayby you have not explained your reasons well enough or they simply might be to busy.