⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

How do i merge two Fallout:New Vegas plugins?

Shattersphere

Hey I've been spending a ridiculous amount of time looking into this topic and i have found out how to merge plugins. Ill make my own little tutorial.

1) Download FNVEdit (http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34703)

2)Extract it

3)Run it and it will come up with a list of all the .esp's in your FNV data folder

4)Select the Master file and all the .esp's that you want to merge

5)Right click on anywhere under the "Form ID" part and select "Create Merged Patch"

6)Call it what you want your mod (with all the other mods in it combined) to be called (e.g. Supermod)

7)Click the + next to one of the mods that you want to put into you Supermod

8)Right click on whatever is under the "File Header" and select "copy as override into" and then choose your Supermod

9)Repeat step 8 for every part of the mod you selected (Ingestibles, armor, weapons, etc)

10)Repeat step 9 on all the other mods you want to add to your Supermod

11) Once everything has been override into your super mod click the exit button and it will come up with a little thing that you then click the green arrow on and then you're done!

Of course this tutorial isn't perfect but it teaches even the biggest noobs (like me lol) how to merge plugins.

I followed your steps and it all seemed to work out as no errors popped up, but after I exit FNVedit and save, I cannot find the "supermod" esp.

if it helps, i tried to merge DK Female Face Textures (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38788) and Lings (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35352)

Help pls?

• 1 year later...

I need some help with this. I have 153 plugins (including the merged patch) and I can't load them all without the engine crapping out. The Goodsprings Store is a mess of missing meshes and bottomless pits, talking to Victor crashes the game, etc. I need to merge some of my plugins into one, but this method:

The 'create merged patch' function doesn't 'Borg' two plugins, which is what I think the OP is after here. It just creates a patch that merges formlists and some other records that multiple mods may have in common - like for weapons formlists, etc.

Section 6.4 of the guide is what you need to look at. http://www.fallout3n...ile.php?id=8629

If you are BORG'ing two esp files, you want to use the 'copy as deep override' function, copying records from the top plugin to the bottom plugin. When you have all the records copied, you remove the master from the bottom plugin (the top plugin will have been added to it's master list). Then close and save. It's important at this point to open the file with the Geck and save it again, because with some records - especially dialog may end up with errors, and the geck will fix it. Also, scripts on base effects will probably become detached so you will have to fix those manually.

This assumes that the two plugins have no records in common. If they do, then you will end up with duplicates of those records if you copy them. They will most likely be records from the main NV ESM file. In that case, just drag over the fields that are different - if you decide which version you want to keep is from the top plugin.

is way too messy to work on the scale I need it to. 1 in every 2 mods I try to deep override copy gives me errors and/or only copies a few items at a time, and I simply don't have the patience to spend hours going through every single item and making sure it all copied properly. Even if I did, the only way to make sure the BORG file I'm getting is a flawless recreation of all the original plugins would be to just recreate each of the mods myself while working with one plugin file, which would also take way too long.

I tried merging the files with the GECK, too, using that ini option that allows multiple masters, but the crappy GECK still crashes just from trying to load more than 1 or 2 files at a time. Is there any way to get this job done, or do I have to use less mods because FOOK, Project Nevada, Requiem for the Capital Wasteland, and all the other big mods I updated decided to each use over twice as many plugin files? If I have to ask the authors to release complete BORG files themselves for these massive mods, I will.

Thanks! I ended up actually not needing this because I managed to scour my list and find 14 mods that I forgot I don't even like, making it 139 in all, but if I get sick of constant crashing and really want to bring the number down, I'll keep this in mind. Edited by Cadeyrn1

An alternative to using FNVEdit is to use FNV Plugin. Assuming that you just want to shove a whole bunch of mods into one plugin and that 1)none of them have critical conflicts with each other and 2) none of them have new voice dialogue, it's a lot easier.

This is the answer! I knew there was an app that did this, I just couldn't remember the name and didn't think to look in my FO3 directory where I had it installed for that game. Thanks for the reminder.

I can confirm/vouch that the tool works like a charm. Mods that you merge will re-initialize and you'll have to set all their settings back, but it won't affect all the mod-related stuff that's saved in your save files. You just have to set up a few mods again and then it's as if your data files never changed, only now there are less crashes and bugs. It can't copy dialogue because its procedure for doing so (renaming the folders in Data/sound/voice) somehow doesn't work (coding mistake?) and it will tell you if it messed up because of voices. Also, don't merge The Mod Configuration Menu or CASM, as they both refuse to work when inside a borg file. Also, I opted not to merge the drivable motorcycle, because re-initializing that mod removes all the motorcycles you've left laying around, and I didn't know how that might play out with the one I left in the Capital Wasteland. Finally, I didn't feel safe merging mods that have .bsa files of the same name, because I don't know if they need to be the same name to be accessed properly.

If you find that using a third of your former number of data files (HUGE improvement) doesn't reduce crashes as much as it should (it didn't for me), get the New Vegas Error Corrections mod. NVEC makes the game so much more stable.

Edited by Cadeyrn1

• 9 months later...

Hey, it's a LOOONG time later now but I wanted to give a big thanks to all the contributors here (and maybe bump this to make it easier to find)!

Using FNVEdit to "deep copy as override" into a merged patch and then manually removing the masters from the header is working for me - I've used it to merge things that don't affect each other (Cosmetic Cigarettes and Unlimited Companions) as well as making a GIANT Borg-ified patch out of the billion or so WMX compatibility plugins.

I've avoided things that add dialogue, but that still leaves me with dozens of possibilities - my mod count in FOMM was between 88 and 8C, (something like 140!), and I was constantly finding new stuff and then combing over my list for something to remove to make room.

This process has already cut roughly 15 .esp files out, which means I can add back in some of the extra mods I wanted but was forced to shelve!

• 1 year later...

An alternative to using FNVEdit is to use FNV Plugin. Assuming that you just want to shove a whole bunch of mods into one plugin and that 1)none of them have critical conflicts with each other and 2) none of them have new voice dialogue, it's a lot easier.

Thank you for that post. I have been looking for that bit of information for 7 months. Thank you again.

• 8 months later...

7)Click the + next to one of the mods that you want to put into you Supermod

8)Right click on whatever is under the "File Header" and select "copy as override into" and then choose your Supermod

9)Repeat step 8 for every part of the mod you selected (Ingestibles, armor, weapons, etc)

10)Repeat step 9 on all the other mods you want to add to your Supermod

Do you guys know if there is a simpler or faster way to complete these steps? It would be extremely helpful when merging many and/or large plugins.

Also, does anyone know the difference between the "override" and "deep override" options?

Edited by SmilingJack2