Elephants in Skyrim!

psychoticalex

I love elephants. Who doesn't? you don't? oh well, too bad. But you know what's better than elephants? Mammoths! But, in Skyrim, I've seen mammoths so much that i wanted something new. I've noticed that there are very little mammoths mods out there and I've decided to give this idea to a modder who isn't busy making his/her own mod (which is unlikely) and in hopes that they like my idea and make it (which is also unlikely but one can only hope!). My idea is to turn mammoths into elephants. Great and original idea, right? the Tropical Skyrim mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33017/?) is absolutely stunning and i personally suggest anyone to give it a try if you're sick of the old snowy skyrim and want something more tropical. The mod also changes some of Skyrim's creatures like the sabre cat which turns into a tiger and a horker into a seal and whatnot, you get the idea. But the mammoths haven't changed a bit. Which is weird because its not typical for a hairy mammoth to be sitting in the middle of a hot, sunny desert. I am aware that there is a mod that changes the mammoths to elephants but since the modder left it i think there is room for tons of improvements and changes. I am actually trying to level up my modding skills (see what i did there?) but it requires a bit of patience and I've TRIED to make a mammoth into an elephant but i always end up with complete failure and sadness. I honestly don't think this idea is hard to make, but i , unfortunately, I dont have enough skills to make such a mod and also not the time. The elephant i want in Skyrim is an African elephant. Here's how i want the elephant to look like:

-Big, wide ears (obviously)

-a bit of a large head or forehead

-hairless, except for the tail

-two tusks (this is optional)

-has an African elephant's hide

I'm trying my best to create this mod myself but i don't have the skills nor the time :sad: it'll be great if someone also created WILD MAMMOTHS! since there's only ONE wild mammoth roaming around a specific location. Imagine a herd of mammoths walking all around skyrim! this plus elephant mod equals herd of elephants roaming around skyrim! I have quite the imagination.

Edited by psychoticalex

Dont get your hopes up, modders dont pick up mod requests becuase something already made doesnt meet your standards.

that is true, unfortunately. But i wont just sit and wait for someone to make this, the very least thing i could do is learn more about modding and make this mod myself.

Hi everyone! just in case somebody is having difficulty understanding what i want, a great example are the elephants from the mod Shadows of Dragonstar by Tom Busby ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35038/? ). But the problem is that the elephants are not in Skyrim and a just need a tiny bit of improvements on the face (bigger ears and two tusk). Im sorry if im asking too much but can any experienced modder actually tell me what difficulties they will face if they decided to create such a mod?

Here are some videos:

• 3 years later...