• 18 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 60
    • 61+

ohio,

i voted voted for no no particular reason and did a quick run through the comments first BIG LETTERS is always a good idea plus if your gaming it makes people who grew up with a keyboard go nuts and that's just fun. I love the STOP SHOUTING comments because i barely think about that.. But I was pretty disappointed to I wussn the oldest one here LOL by crakkey you wipper snappers. I too am a vietnam era veteran but i had the good luck to get sent to germany where i learned how to find prostitutes and score hash both of which were popular pastimes in the army at that time. other popular activties were playing fussball drinking beer and driving tanks around the fulda gap in case the cold ear went hot.. fortunately that never happened so i had the privilelige of going to europe for almost free!! it was a great adventure..

As for me gaming is great for relieving stress when i hear about another tweet from the TWIT IN CHIEF he just can't help but saying the stupidest things ever to come out of the mouth of anybody over 50 years of age.. (sigh) youngsters your allowed to say foolish stuff we were all young once but from the prex oh my f**kin god!!!

Its of interest to me how many old guys answered the poll compared to the younger voters some younger members thought they were the most numerous but that isn't so there's a huge population of over 50s online they just chat less about gaming etc.. they do game a lot i think they just don't talk about it most older people are much more active in whats going on in their communities and current political climate in amurica.. anyhow game on and protest the incompetent boob in the white house.. BTW my fav games are DAO and Skyrim. Skyrim is prettier but DAO is a better story and what makes them fun playing over and over is trying new mods ...

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 78 years old and have been playing RPGs since my daughter introduced Zelda to me. Was that in the 90's? I have gone through all the Nintendos and Play Stations and finally converted to the PC. Lately my favorite games are the last 3 Elder Scrolls and all 3 Dragon Age. I love the PC because it allows me to cheat....I'm concerned I might not live to see the end of a game. Can you imagine leaving this world still thinking that Alduin, Corypheus, Dagoth or that b&@*$, Almalexia were still alive? Nay, nay.

I would like to let all the Modders know that I am very grateful for their talents and willingness to share their art. The games in themselves are wonderful, but adding Mods to them is like adding 12 olives to a martini - true delight.

Blessings from hard hearted or my favorite name, Grammy.

I'm 23. My first computer was in 1999, it was Pentium 100, where I could play Warcraft 2 and Heroes 2. My video games story begins from here) Then, in 2006, my father bought Intel Celeron with 2 GB RAM and 500 GB ROM, I had the best PC in my class)) Now I have laptop Asus K53SV. Unfortunately, I don't have time for games and I haven't bought better PC. But if I have a day-off I play Dota2 or CSGO)

I'm impressed with the new older group who have been wielding game weapons and battling for their rights. It's only age, folks, it's not wear and tear.

Try to imagine yourself looking like you did when your body reached full growth. That is when you started getting all worn out and wrinkled because of all the fun in the sun you had, supporting, lifting, and chasing after the little ones to get them into the bath before the water got cold. Climbing real places, running, hiking, biking, auto racing, outrunning the law, over mountains, hills of stairs, fields of green, fields of people in the big city, and what about all those hard sports games we loved to play.

Wow you got that scar from which pro game you were playing in? Or you got that scar in the parking lot when you asked who for an autograph but they were in a hurry?

If you want to shrink back into the closest no one will stop you now except maybe your own little ones all grown up and wondering what to do for a minute.

Hey! If you lived this long, you, like me, must be enjoying something about the ride on this 24,000 mile round, Merry-Go-Round called, "Earth".

As of yesterday, the 12th of December, I am now 66 years old. Do they make Braille gamepads?

The Rabbit

Wow! Is that avatar of yours Jackie Gleason in the Moon, from to the Moon Alice. My folks used to watch that show!

Ahhh! Just a young Wippersnapper, eh? I used to watch Jackie Gleason every Saturday night on a 13 inch black & white TV. I also used to read a LOT of Fox & Crow comic books because I thought it would give me an edge when I wanted something from my parents. Mostly, tho, I just got THE edge. (Looking down at the grass is a habit that I hope to continue doing for a long time)!

As of yesterday, the 12th of December, I am now 66 years old. Do they make Braille gamepads?

The Rabbit

Wow! Is that avatar of yours Jackie Gleason in the Moon, from to the Moon Alice. My folks used to watch that show!

Ahhh! Just a young Wippersnapper, eh? I used to watch Jackie Gleason every Saturday night on a 13 inch black & white TV. I also used to read a LOT of Fox & Crow comic books because I thought it would give me an edge when I wanted something from my parents. Mostly, tho, I just got THE edge. (Looking down at the grass is a habit that I hope to continue doing for a long time)!

I have a very lively attitude, because I had my dull adult one burned out during a problem with dehydration.

I remember the little black and white TV. The screen was about 3 feet above the floor. When I was 5 I wondered how they got all those little people in there and tried to take it apart from the back while the folks were watching it.

Good thing Dad was an Electronics Engineer in the Radio & TV area. He was keeping the Air Traffic Control station communications Radar and squawk boxes working at the local airport so ground control guys didn't have to stand out on the tarmac and wave flags at the sky all day.

Ah! One of my favorite gripes. Mowing the lawn and trimming the grass. Some neighbors already had gas-o-line powered push mowers. Ooo I was so testy about why we did not have one. That makes us both Lawn Mower Men.

Yup! I'm just a 67 year old young Whippersnapper. I still have the 10 foot long leather whip to prove it. :laugh:

I'm 78 years old and have been playing RPGs since my daughter introduced Zelda to me. Was that in the 90's? I have gone through all the Nintendos and Play Stations and finally converted to the PC. Lately my favorite games are the last 3 Elder Scrolls and all 3 Dragon Age. I love the PC because it allows me to cheat....I'm concerned I might not live to see the end of a game. Can you imagine leaving this world still thinking that Alduin, Corypheus, Dagoth or that *censored*, Almalexia were still alive? Nay, nay.

I would like to let all the Modders know that I am very grateful for their talents and willingness to share their art. The games in themselves are wonderful, but adding Mods to them is like adding 12 olives to a martini - true delight.

Blessings from hard hearted or my favorite name, Grammy.

Wow cool,i bought my first PC at Sears for 3,000 dollars, 75mh Pentium,Packard Bell,first Pentium.After buying it i found out that Packard Bell was the worst choice i could have possibly made but,guess what,it's still running today.Never had to re-install Win 95,never had a problem with this computer,ever.I can still play Duke Nukem 3d and Doom anytime i want.The only problem i ever had was,after four years, when the battery died.Hehehe..

I have also thought about not living long enough to see the end of a game, so my first play through of any game i stick to the main story line until i finish then i go through again playing all the side-quests.

• 3 weeks later...