TES V requests/wishlist

Pyramidhead123

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Dwemer! They are the best part of the Elder Scrolls series. And dragon hoards. Like how coin stacks worked in Morrowind, but piles of 100, 250, 500, 1000, and 2000. And the return of the Nerevarine. And a Taesci invasion. And co-operative monsters i.e. sheid holding monsters would form phalanxes to protect themselves. Archers would fire volleys, and light infantry would charge around the side. And cavalry! Trampling and mounted combat, and more horse armour.

dwemer are extinct, althoug it is possible they resurface with magic, although its still unexplainable how they got a dragon, and why the akaviri dragon logo is used. they dont play much of a role in any games (aside from left behinds)

i would prefer if there where dwemer ruins though, and it would be better if they looked more like they did in morrowind than oblivion (the orrey addon) (although it would be better if the brown wall where bronze)

Hi all, this is my first post, prompted by the best news I’ve heard all year! TES5!

I would love to see:

The return of Light, Medium and Heavy Armour.

Being able to use your magic staff as a melee weapon. They were pretty pointless in oblivion.

Adjustment of the leveling system. Give me a reason to delve into all the dungeons I find! I stopped bothering in Oblivion, spending ages on a multilevel dungeon, killing multiple enemies, using all my potions to be rewarded with a lesser soulgem, an iron pitcher and 6 gold. At least on Morrowind there was a chance you would come across a truly amazing piece of armour or weapon.

If we can’t have mark and recall spells back, then at least almvisi’s/Divine intervention? Or their solsthiem equivalent?

Loved the other posters idea of a multiplayer Arena. Great idea.

Make merchants useful, with items I might actually want to buy and a decent stock of gold.

I understand the reasoning in capping the amount of training you can buy per level, but it really annoyed me. Morrowind was a real world that you could abuse or play fair according to your choice. Give me back my choices! I do not want to have my hand held like a naughty child! I didn’t like having to sell my stolen items to fences either.

Factions. I got massive pleasure having to complete Morrowind at least three times to do all the factions missions.

And please, no more dumbing down.

Its a game rated M for a reason, whymake it like a game rated E10+?!

On topic,

I want it to be like Fallout. Maybe in the future a bit so we have cross bows (those things were godly in AC:B lol). And since it's in Skyrim, make it so we have Hyporthermia(I think its how its spelled) if we stay in the cold too long (IE water source, windy area, etc...) And also the crippling system would be awesome. Also, a UI like DarnifiedDark UI. Vanilla is just horrible...

Small request -- no internet DRM requirement just to play the game

I realise only a small portion don't have internet at home -- but it's quite frustrating that I can't play Civ 5

just because of that "one time connection" requirement.

---

as others: think objects should level with the player (enjoy Lilarcor in Morrowind, which

I know is not the same thing)

Quite happy with monsters levelling with player (so you can do quests in any order, rather

than having to follow a 1d story path), but think that they level too much better than players

in Oblivion.

Some more statically generated regions could be fine for those that loath levelling

(eg, an Ogre swamps where the creatures were (say) level 10-18; if you stumbled in

at level 1 then you'd "only" meet level 10 ogres .. I'd be wary of the rats there too)

-Better NPC's. Better is entirely generic for an entire overhaul of the NPC base. Not only would it be better if quite a few less of the NPC's looked as if they got slapped with the ugly stick, It would be much nicer if they had much less generic dialouge, both for you and when conversing with other NPC's. Commands and relationships (without making it similar to fable) based on dispositions would be nice (although if they neglect to do such, you are sure to find brilliant modders who can work something up). Ultimately, in both morrowind and oblivion, there were too few and plainly stupid NPC's. Large cities should have more than 30 residents that wander around aimlessly with nothing to do with their lives.

-More customizable character. I almost hesitate to expound on this seeing as the title really says it all. However, let me hit some high points- more customizable faces, once again that didnt get slapped with the ugly stick no matter how hard you try otherwise. A customizable/adaptive body type/build - last time i checked when you get stronger your body doesnt look the same as it did when you were a scrawny little prisoner, oblivion based, of course. Im tired of being fugly no matter what!

-Prison CHAINS. I know this topic is really only for looks and is much less important but i was always bothered by the fact that the "wrist irons" were possibly the lousiest prisoner "accessory" there was included in oblivion. At least make them look as if they could restrain someone and that you cant take them off at will and vise versa. I would say especially if, like 3 and 4 there is a prisoner start, please, please make it more convincing. Perhaps a mod job, but who knows

I would say the next few go without explanation

- mounted combat

- mod ready (although i highly doubt this should be a problem)

- less static hair

- new and old, revamped armor

- MUCH better crime and punishment system, especially more realistic jail time/ experience (not wierdly, just if you get in jail you actually have to do work and earn your way out).

- more attractive and diverse weapontry

- better creature leveling

- non-omnipotent guards

I know some of these have already been mentioned, but a little reitteration never killed anyone.

What would I wish?

- well-formed human figure (anatomically correct, preferably nude - ie Roberts body) with an simple possibility of changing proportions to muscular, skinny, potbellied, hunchbacked figure... Simply - extension possibility of shaping the face in Oblivion to whole body

- Clothes and armor, which are automatically adjusts to body shaping

- clothes and part of armor affected by gravitation

- Individual body parts for each race, with the possibility of additional adjustments for each character

- playable races, humanoid and semi-humanoid creature with identical or similar skeleton

- humanoid and semi-humanoid creature directly derived from the humanoid characters (as special nonplayable NPCs races), not separate - there is the simple possibility to create a creature with standard equipment (armor ect.)

- distribution of characters body parts, parts of armor and clothing parts to a larger number of slots (more - better :biggrin: )

- separate animations for the upper and lower body

- common animations for playable races, humanoid and semi-humanoid creature

- extension of animation for working and non-working activities of NPC (and for player too - at least the production of weapons and armor)

- extension of "non-combat" activities for player

- extension of AI

In TESCS:

- equivalent NIFScope editor and export / import plugins for modeling programs (at least Blender and 3DStudioMax/GMax)

- Color highlighting words in scripting (like Notepad + +), expression spell check , the OSCE or equivalent integrated into the scripting language, HELP

- Catalogue of game objects with thumbnails or at least the program to quickly create a catalog

Edited by Semtex

So, we're finally getting TES V...let's see, what do I want to see in Skyrim?

1. More body types. There was no reason to only have one body type in Oblivion. Make it realistic--skinny, fat, muscular, and everything in between!

2. Nudity and gore. Stop pandering to consoles and the idiotic rating system. Take lessons from the guys behind Deadly Reflex and the various body replacer mods. Some of those modders must know what they're doing.

3. Clothes and armor that adjust to body shape, like Semtex said.

4. More realistic land area. It doesn't seem realistic at all when the isle the Imperial City is on is just big enough to hold it, and that city is the size of a large parking lot in-game. Nor was it realistic when all the other cities in Oblivion were barely the size of small neighborhoods and villages only consisted of two or three buildings. Now, look back at Daggerfall, where you had a land area that was about the size of Great Britain. Fast-forward to Oblivion--you could drop Cyrodiil inside Rhode Island, Delaware, New Jersey, or Maryland and people would notice, but if you put it inside Florida, Pennsylvania, California, or Texas, you'd lose it. And Bethesda says Tamriel is supposed to be the size of Europe!

5. More strains of Khajiit and Argonians. The beast races had digitigrade feet in Morrowind; there was no reason to just recycle the same body model for all the playable races in Oblivion. (Ohmes and Ohmes-raht would get a pass, being closer to humans than other Khajiit strains.) Get back some guys from the development team for Morrowind, or hire some furry/scalie artists from FurAffinity to design and animate the models; I'm sure someone on that site knows what they're doing.

6. Let us turn off the tutorial! Why should I be forced to go through that tutorial crap every time I start a new game in Oblivon? It's just as bad as Navi from Ocarina of Time! I've played through this game more than a few times; I should not have to have my hand held every time I start over! >:(

7. Crossbows, throwing weapons, and pole arms. Why the hell didn't Bethesda put these in Oblivion? Don't tell us the system can't handle it, because that's a damn lie! Ditto using staves as melee weapons.

8. Make axes their own separate class of weapons. There is no legitimate reason for axes to be lumped in with blunt weapons when THEY CLEARLY HAVE A BIG HONKING BLADE!

9. More realistic NPC interactions. All the dialog seemed too artificial.

10. A bigger pool of voice talent. It gets tired pretty quickly hearing Wonder Woman voicing all the female Nords and Orcs, or one guy voicing all the male Bretons. Hire some voice actors from New York's NYAV Post; California's Bang-Zoom! Entertainment, Animaze, Studiopolis, Salami Studios; Texas' Seraphim Digital; and Canada's Ocean Studios. Many of those VAs have done voice work for video games and they do pretty well (On top of their work in anime, Western cartoons, and TV commercials). They could use the work.

11. Why stop with just Tamriel? Add some huge expansions that let us go to Atmora, Akavir, and other lands that have never been seen in the Elder Scrolls games.

12. More realistic combat. This plain hack-and-slash crap needs to go. Put more finesse into things--if you're good with blades, you should be able to wield your sword like Dante from Devil May Cry or Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur; if you suck, you'd just swing recklessly. Ditto bows--let us de-nock arrows, fire volleys, and set our arrows on fire to do more damage! Also, mounted combat. There was no reason to deny us that in Oblivion. And give us more incentive to use hand-to-hand as a major combat skill! Put some brass knuckles in!

13. Destructible terrain. Take a lesson from Black. If we can have that in Black, we can have it in TES V!

14. Better AI. Why the hell do enemies prioritize weaker foes? How the blue f***ing hell do they view your horse as a bigger threat than you? What the hell do they have against horses?

15. Better alchemy. The guy behind Alchemy Advanced did this far better than the vanilla alchemy. Let us filter out undesired effects from potions and poisons, brew in batches, and save recipes!

16. More realistic skin textures. I'm sure we all ran into the classic Redguard problem. What the hell was Bethesda thinking giving them the same texture as Imperials, Nords, and Bretons?

17. Fix all the bad glitches Oblivion had. Did they not even care? Take a lesson from Nintendo--they don't have games that are as buggy because they take their time with things!

18. Viewable bodies in first-person view. This is 2010; the protagonist is NOT some disembodied two-armed ghost! If you can have viewable bodies in Halo 2 (Which was made in 2004 and was still ahead of Oblivion in that department), you can have them in TES V!

19. No more psychic guards! If I kill some innocent bystander and there's no witnesses, there is no reason why the guards should somehow know it happened and send out an APB!

20. Fix the level-scaling system. Take a lesson from Oscuro and Francesco's overhauls. Why should we have to face bandits wearing mithril, glass, ebony, orcish, or daedric armor that's worth hundreds of times more than the cheap, crappy stuff they SHOULD be equipped with?

21. Much more realistic crime and punishment. I go on a killing spree and then just pay a fine? WTF Bethesda? This is enforced anarchy in a system designed to favor the rich!

22. More hairstyles and less static hair.