Just got morrowind any major mods I need

Deleted19575669User

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally managed to get everytihng installed using the info in the thread you linked to, dargon. I used zipgenius 6 (which seems to work a little differently now than the way the OP says in the first post of that thread), but it did install things.

Morrowind Comes Alive did still give trouble, so I've dumped it for good, I just can't be bothered trying with it any more.

The 'Poorly placed object' (I forget it's correct name) patch still shows up as a yellow box in wrye bash, so I've left it unchecked. I did this after the occurrance mentioned below.

Everything seemed to be working, I say 'working', but there were a lot of random 'crashes to desktop'. In the normal game and in the GOTY, there were crashes to desktop, but they were every few hours of game play. I got so good at guessing whe it would happen I often saved a few minutes before this happened. Not this time. The CTD's seemed to happen every few minutes. It wasn't quite that bad, but that's waht it seemed like.

Then I went to the fighter's guild in Aldruhn and there was a message Saying "blah blah blah. Is not a NIF file. and then something a bout a 'fur table'(?) Morrowind will use the default marker" Or words to that effect. When I went in, therew as a yellow box around a table downstairs. This box also appearred around a tbale in another building.

I know what everyone will say "stick with it, use the info on the forum to sort things out", but the truth is, I've been getting trouble every time I've installed and I'm getting really miffed. I appreciate all thie things done by the modders and they've turned the game into a prettier, more atmospheric, and more involving game. But I seem to be a bit 'jinxed' with it. I'm seriously considering not bothering with it.

In Wrye Mash, on the Mods tab all mods should have a green checkbox.

If any mods have a yellow checkbox, select them and then look for the Save button in the bottom right. Click that and the mod file will be updated and the error removed. The error just means that the mod was created with an earlier version of Morrowind to the one you're using. Saving in Mash will update this version info.

If you have any mods with red checkboxes then you do not have a ESM file needed by that mod loaded. Check the mod's readme.

Table errors. You need the MGSO unofficial patch. See #2 in OP of this thread: Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds & Graphics 3.0 Thread #7

I did the 'yellow box in wrye bash save thing'. Dunno if it's done any good. Dunno why it needed doing in the first place as I installed *everything first before playing, so as I understand it it should've been a green box anyway.

* I say 'installed everything, but I'd forgotten to install the MGSO v3 patch this time.

Anyway, I installed it and loaded the save in which I'd planned to go to the fighter's guild in Aldruhn and got no message and no yellow boes anywhere. Yay, the game's working!

I say 'working', but after I loaded the save (the latest) in which I'd decided to go back to Suran so's I could kill a few mudcrabs, cliff-racers and rats and then go and kill the Orc who wants to die honourably (by climbing the rocks behind and shooting arrows at him and using magic fire and shock rings on so I didn't have to die. I is sooo evil!) The game 'half-quit' to the desktop (a bit like using 'CTRL-ALT-Del' to make the game minimize to the wotsit bar) I got a message saying an MCA file (nif?) was missing, even though I'd already unticked the MCA files in the DATA list and had deleted the files themselves. So I quit the game and looked through the morrowind files and found 3 MCA patches and deleted them. I then accidentally found the thing which cleans the saves and used that.

The 'save cleaner' did work, as I was no longer getting messages about 'some files have changed and this save may not run properly' (or something). Yay!

I then loaded the 'going to Suran' save and guess what?

After getting up the second set of stairs I got a new ruddy message with 'yes, no, cancel' on it! This time about a ruddy missing Skelaton file! BAH! So I clicked 'Yes' and I got another message (which I couldn't be arsed reading by this time), and that brought up the previous message, so I clicked 'Yes' and that brought up the sencond message again.

What I don't understand is, I'd been to Suran earlier to get the 200 drakes from the sexy minx (is it legal to want to bonk a character in a computer game??) at the bar, as ordered by Eydris fire eye (not bad either. Come to mention it, Juju is a bit 'I say, ding dong!'), and I'd bought a steel longword with 3-7 points poison and i had no trouble.

I may abandon the game for a few months and do a clean install then. Hopefully I'll remember to install the MGSO patch and i won't get any MCA file crap.

Read the Wrye Mash readme for what the checkbox colours mean, they're a characteristic of the mod itself and not how you installed it

If you want help with the errors please post your latest mod list (in load order from either Wrye Mash or mlox) and the contents of your warnings.txt

I'll have a go at understanding that readme, Dragon.

How do I get an 'image' of the mod list and the warnings.txts?

I've opened wrye mash and I've done that save thing you mentioned and the 'mods' list is now all green.

When I looked at the 'saves' tab, the saves showed up mostly green with the top two being a sort of pale purple. I did the save thing on the yellow boxes in the 'files' list for each save, now most of the 'saves' boxes are light purple and the last two boxes are green.

I hope this is mentioned in the wrye mash readme.

Edited by seany65

Here's my copy'n'paste of how to clean a save game in Wrye Mash:

With Wrye Mash installed follow this procedure to clean a savegame:

Firstly, initial cleaning of your installed mods:

(1) On the Mods tab all mods should have a green checkbox.

(2) If any mods have a yellow checkbox, select them and then look for the

Save button in the bottom right. Click that and the mod file will be

updated and the error removed. The error just means that the mod was

created with an earlier version of Morrowind to the one you're using.

Saving in Mash will update this version info.

(3) If you have any mods with red checkboxes then you do not have a ESM

file needed by that mod loaded. Check the mod's readme.

Secondly, cleaning your savegames:

(4) Onto the Saves tab, select the savegame you want to fix.

(5) When the savegame is selected the list in the bottom right will be

populated with the mods currently associated with the savegame.

(6) Right click the column headers ("File" and "Num") and choose Sync to

Load List (this will change the mods associated with the savegame to

match those currently selected on the Mods tab).

(7) Click Save

( :cool: Right click the savegame and choose Repair All.

(8a) Optionally, right click the savegame and choose Remove > Debris Cells.

(9) The checkbox for the save should now be purple.

Basically, you want all your mods to have a Green checkbox and the your current save a Purple one.

To get your current mod list in load order from Wrye Mash. Select a save on the Saves tab. Right-click the column headers showing the save's associated plugins (right hand side of the screen) and choose "Copy List"

Yet again, Thanks Dragon.

I found a couple of things which may help. One is a Log in the 'Morrowind' folder, and the other has the title 'Warnings', also in the 'Morrowind' folder.

I've cut out most of the Log as it was 100kb, the bit at the bottom is I think of interest :

Errors:
2820...Segmenter: Unparsable line in segment
226....Segmenter: Interdependent fpu calculations
562....Segmenter: Found unparsable FPU instruction
746....Segmenter: Cannot do anything with non memory operands
57.....Operand: Haven't programmed '*' yet
11.....FPU: using uninitialized register
29.....Segmenter: Cannot do anything with non float data values
157....Patcher: Patch to big to fit into code
263....Segmenter: Unable to separate fpu code from segment
50.....Main: fpu code not vectorizable
3......Segmenter: Memory offset is too great
14.....Segmenter: Unable to seperate fpu code from segment
11.....FPU: Leftovers in the registers
86.....FPU: Trying to push an fpu register to the fpu stack
48.....Operand: Illegal offset
8......Operand: unknown register
14.....Vectorizer: Direct assignment
4......FPU: using uninitialized register (0)
1......Segmenter: Blacklisted address
56.....FPU: stack underflow.
1......Code generator: Haven't got reversed v3 input working yet
1......Segmenter: Cannot move instruction with one operand
------------------------------------------------
122 patches were applied

This is the Warnings file :

Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_2.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_extrav_2_f.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_4.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_5.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_1.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_expensive_03.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_03.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_extrav_2_f.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_expensive_03.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_expensive_2.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_expensive_01.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_expensive_2.
Model Load Error: Meshes\MCA\MCA_Skeleton_Crippled.nif cannot load file in Meshes\MCA\MCA_Skeleton_Crippled.nif. <----------- I get this when I go up the steps towards the back of Suran/towardsa the temple
Will use the default object Marker_Error.NIF.
NiAnimation Error: Object "Bip01" not found in NiAnimation. <--------- I get this after click on 'Yes' in the above message
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000". <----------- This is the message I get after clicking on 'Yes' in the Bip01 message
NiAnimation Error: Object "Bip01" not found in NiAnimation.
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle2" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle3" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle4" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle5" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle6" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle7" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle8" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle9" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idlehh" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle1h" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle2c" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "Idle2w" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".
Unable to LayerActivate for AnimGroup "IdleSwim" for "CLONE skeleton entrance00000000".

Two other things May need mentioning. MGSO has a couple of times given 14 'warnings' when re-doing the distant land stuff. Is this a different warnings file to the above? I can't seem to find it if it is.

The second thing is in Suran and Balmora it has been daytime but the lighting on the towns has been dark but without the lights, ie. daytime sky, no street lights and the steps from the silt strider being so dark I fell off them in Balmora.

Edited by seany65

The MCA skeleton message comes up after the first set of stairs up, but before going up the steps to the right, which lead to a couple of shops and (eventually) the temple and the gap in the wall at the back which you go through to get to the countryside and river etc.

In the Mopy-Data-Replacers folder, there is a text doc called 'MCA 4.1 refs'. As I don't have MCA anymore, should I delete this as it's from MCA, or should I leave it as it's from Wrye Bash?

This is what's in it :

# [Filetype: Wrye Mash Replacer]

@ replace
# Tavern
xMCA_in_tavern_imperial: _MCA_in_tavern_imperial
xMCA_in_tavern_imperial_p: _MCA_in_tavern_imperial_p