Just got morrowind any major mods I need

Deleted19575669User

Save "MCAnocompanions.txt" into:

C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Mopy\Data\Removers

Load Mash, go to Saves tab

Right-click save file > Remove > Edit Removers...

Click Add

Browse to and select MCAnocompanions.txt, close Ref Removers dialogue box

Right click save > Removers > MCAnocompanions

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Dragon32, me again.

Hmmm. I installed MGE XE 09.10 successfully, (as it's mentioned when the game loads up), and I did a 're-do' of distant lands. I got 14 errors.

All like this :

"Warning : failed to parse line in staics list 'C:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\mge3\exceptions.ovr'...

the rest of the line for Nos. 1 and 3-14, are about chargen boat, barrel, crate, lantern, plank, ship trapdoor, cabin door.

The line for No.2 is about character generation.

I did the MLOX thing, but ended up with a Mlox folder inside the main Mlox folder. This inner folder has the later version and it seems to work. However, it does have two lists of things missing. The first one is :

[CONFLICT]
> 'MW Containers Animated.esp'
> [ANY
> 'MISSING(Advanced Herbalism - MO.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Advanced Herbalism - TR & BM.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Advanced Herbalism - TR.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Advanced Herbalism - BM.esp)',
> 'Graphic Herbalism.esp',
> 'MISSING(Herbalismv1.3(Tribunal).esp)',
> 'MISSING(Herbalismv1.1.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Syc_HerbalismforPurists.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Syc_HerbalismforPurists_TB_ONLY.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Syc_HerbalismforPurists (Pearl Bug Edit).esp)',
> 'MISSING(Herbalism_Lite_v1.0.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Herbalism_Lite_for_Tamriel_Rebuilt_Mainland.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Herbalism Redux 1.12a.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Herbalism Redux 1.12a - Bloated MW.esp)',
> 'MISSING(HR 1.12a + EW 1.5.esp)',
> 'MISSING(HR 1.12a BMW + EW 1.5.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Ultra Light Herbalism.esp)']
| "[qqqbbb's "MW Containers Animated"] modifies kollops so it will conflict with herbalism mods."
| (Ref: "MW Containers Animated readme.txt")

The second one is :

[CONFLICT]
> "Neo's Unique Creatures.esp"
> [ALL
> [ANY
> 'MISSING(Creatures (lore).esp)',
> 'MISSING(Creatures (Semi).esp)',
> 'MISSING(Creatures.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Daedric Tweaks.esp)',
> 'MISSING(EcoAdjDaedricDrops.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Morrowind Advanced.esm)',
> 'MISSING(NewBlood_MW.esp)',
> 'NewBlood_MwTbBm1.1.esp',
> 'MISSING(NoAOESpellsForSummons.esp)',
> 'MISSING(Non-Homicidal Ecosystem - Daedra Edition.ESP)',
> 'MISSING(Undead arise from death <VER>.esp)'],
> [NOT 'MISSING(Merged_Objects.esp)']]
| "[Neoptolemus' "Unique Creatures"] will conflict with any other mod that alters Morrowind's creatures in any way, so you may have to 'merge objects' with TESTool."
| (Ref: "Neo's Unique Creatures.txt")

I followed your instructions for installing that MCAnocompanions list, and I've managed to get it included at the bottom of the box when you mouse over 'remove' in the saves tab of wrye mash. I then ran the game (at suran),and got the MCA skeleton message. I quitted the game and went back to wrye mash and this time left clicked on MCAnocompanions and it 'ran' and gave a message about what had not been changed. I did this for all saved games and the ran morrowind again. I still got the skekelaton message at the same place.

Edited by seany65

Sorry late here.

MGE XE errors. No idea. Not able to parse its own text file? Weird.

mlox:

Just delete the mlox folder (and the mlox folder inside) and re-extract. If it bothers you.

"MISSING" means you don't have the mod installed. Mods without MISSING in front are installed. Re-read.

Skeleton. Guess it's break out Enchanted Editor and delete the whole cell from the save game time.

[Edit:

On the skeleton thing, you could use a grep program (I use Textcrawler, there are others like Wingrep or InfoRapid Search & Replace) to search your Data Files for files matching the mask *.es? which contain the text string "MCA_Skeleton_Crippled.nif", that should identify any ESMs or ESPs which assign that model to an object.

Or, start a completely new game (use TGM to toggle god mode) and head over to Suran where you get the error. If you still get the error then the problem's caused by a mod (use grep tool to identify which). If you don't get the error then the problem's in your save game (need to remove the Suran cells from it using EE)]

Edited by Dragon32

Thanks Dragon32.

Never heard of a 'grep' program or 'Enchanted Editor' before. No idea what 'TGM' is either.

I presume I type in " *.es? " or maybe "MCA_Skeleton_Crippled.nif" in Textrcawler. I'll try both th short one first and see what happens.

I'll also try the TGM thing and see what happens.

I did think that 'Missing' meant the stuff isn't there, but what was confusing me is the " [CONFLICT] " entry , 'cos how can something conflict with something esle if one of them isn't there?

Anyway, I'll have a go at doing what you said and see what happens. If all that fails I suppose I'll give a total uninstall and re-install another go.

Have just got Textcrawler and am about find "Enchanted Editor".

Thanks Dragon32.

Never heard of a 'grep' program or 'Enchanted Editor' before. No idea what 'TGM' is either.

I presume I type in " *.es? " or maybe "MCA_Skeleton_Crippled.nif" in Textrcawler. I'll try both th short one first and see what happens.

I'll also try the TGM thing and see what happens.

<snip>

TGM is a console command

Try the new game thing first, should be definitve as to whether it's a save game or mod program (as with a new game you don't have a save game to have stuff in)

When you fire up Textcrawler it should be pretty obvious what goes where.

<snip>

I did think that 'Missing' meant the stuff isn't there, but what was confusing me is the " [CONFLICT] " entry , 'cos how can something conflict with something esle if one of them isn't there?

<snip>

Let's try with some colour:

<snip>

[CONFLICT]

> 'MW Containers Animated.esp'

> [ANY

> 'MISSING(Advanced Herbalism - MO.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Advanced Herbalism - TR & BM.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Advanced Herbalism - TR.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Advanced Herbalism - BM.esp)',

> 'Graphic Herbalism.esp',

> 'MISSING(Herbalismv1.3(Tribunal).esp)',

> 'MISSING(Herbalismv1.1.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Syc_HerbalismforPurists.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Syc_HerbalismforPurists_TB_ONLY.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Syc_HerbalismforPurists (Pearl Bug Edit).esp)',

> 'MISSING(Herbalism_Lite_v1.0.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Herbalism_Lite_for_Tamriel_Rebuilt_Mainland.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Herbalism Redux 1.12a.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Herbalism Redux 1.12a - Bloated MW.esp)',

> 'MISSING(HR 1.12a + EW 1.5.esp)',

> 'MISSING(HR 1.12a BMW + EW 1.5.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Ultra Light Herbalism.esp)]

| "[qqqbbb's "MW Containers Animated"] modifies kollops so it will conflict with herbalism mods."

| (Ref: "MW Containers Animated readme.txt")

The second one is :

[CONFLICT]

> "Neo's Unique Creatures.esp"

> [ALL

> [ANY

> 'MISSING(Creatures (lore).esp)',

> 'MISSING(Creatures (Semi).esp)',

> 'MISSING(Creatures.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Daedric Tweaks.esp)',

> 'MISSING(EcoAdjDaedricDrops.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Morrowind Advanced.esm)',

> 'MISSING(NewBlood_MW.esp)',

> 'NewBlood_MwTbBm1.1.esp',

> 'MISSING(NoAOESpellsForSummons.esp)',

> 'MISSING(Non-Homicidal Ecosystem - Daedra Edition.ESP)',

> 'MISSING(Undead arise from death <VER>.esp)],

> [NOT 'MISSING(Merged_Objects.esp)']]

| "[Neoptolemus' "Unique Creatures"] will conflict with any other mod that alters Morrowind's creatures in any way, so you may have to 'merge objects' with TESTool."

| (Ref: "Neo's Unique Creatures.txt")

<snip>

Now compare that to your loaded mods.

<snip>

Have just got Textcrawler and am about find "Enchanted Editor".

EE is on Morrowind Modding History.

Hello Dragon32. You must be getting pretty sick of me by now, but hopefully I'll get the hang of this stuff before long and I won't have to keep bothering you. :blush:

Anyway, I found Enchanted Editor last night. I haven't done any messing about with the game as I chickened out of just jumping in and doing it. I will prolly be doing it all later or tomorrow.

I realised on the bus earlier today that TGM actually meant 'The God Mode'. :blush: I looked at that link you posted and I've saved the page (as I have some other pages in this thread) for future reference.

Thanks again. :cool:

For starters, I'd say start a completely new game. TGM. Then wander over to Suran and see if you trigger that error. If you don't then the problems in your save file (Enchanted Editor time) or in a mod (Wingrep to identify and disable the mod).

With Enchanted Editor load up the save (a .ESS file) you want to edit, expand the Cells tree, select the cells "Suran, 6, -6" and "Suran, 6, -7" (it was in Suran you had this error wasn't it?) then click the Delete button, with Safe Editing enabled (think that's the default) there'll be scanning for ancestors and descendants but that shouldn't be relevant for this operation. Save the modified save file.

I started a new game, though I didn't 'TGM' as I wanted to see what would happen. The game quit to the desktop when I got to the top of the stairs in suran where the MCA skeleton message usually turns up. As I'm sure you know, Morrowind has always quit to the desktop whenever it feels like, usually after several hours of play. Last time I played (the vanilla versions some years ago) I got so used to this I'd be able to tell when it was going to do it and I'd save the game.

Anway I launched Textcrawler and using the two entries you mentioned, I got it to find two entries to do with Neo's creatures. I finally managed to find the Delete option, and the the two entries disappeared, though I'm not sure if there were deleted or I'd just done soemthing to make Textcrawler ignore the entries or something.

I then tried Enchanted Editor, but I couldn't really work out what to do. Some brainwave or other made me think that "If it's a mod, then maybe it's in the 'Data' list when I start the game?", and there it was! So I unticked Neo's unique creatures and loaded up a saved game. I managed to get pastt eh stairs without any trouble! :ohmy:

However (Another 'However?' I hear you ask), at the start of a new game or loading of a save, i get :

"Script XE_WeatherApply

Trying to Run Function index greater than function count

The scipt will not run anymore

Continue running executalbe?"

I click on "Yes" and the game seems to be running properly.

I presume this os something to do with the 'Weather' options in MGSO options. I'd run MGSO options as I'd decided to change the number of cells from 20 to 21. I did click on the Weather options but I didn't alter anything, I do want to increase the size of the raindrops, but I don't know what I'm doing.

• 1 month later...

Hello to all,

Quick question: The Morrowind GOTY I am going to purchase does NOT have the TES Construction Set. It does have Bloodmoon and Tribunal expansions. Is it necessary to have the TES in order to successfully install the Mods here?

Edited by Roger1868