Immortality Pill

JohannesGunn

Wanna live forever?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a pill that granted true immortality, would you take it?

• Oh, yeah!
    • Not a chance...
    • Only if it tasted like candy...
  2. 2. What if it was a shot?

• So? Bring it on!
    • Uh... I don't like needles...
    • Not a chance...
    • Only if it's gonna mess with my mind, man...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely would. I'm sure it would eventually suck, and suck forever, but how could you resist when given the option? Movies and books always portray immortality as horrible as you are trapped alive forever and you just want to die, and I'm sure thats what would happen, but I still think I would end up taking it. Things would be great for the first hundred years or so, but then things might get bad.

That depends... Is it just immortality, or is it eternal youth... and to what degree. It would suck to live forever, but still have a body which ages or becomes old... It would also suck to be too young forever. Then there's the whole matter of eating, drinking, breathing, and recovery from any wounds... how would that work exactly, and to what limitations? Like if I get my head chopped off, and my body burnt to ash, am I stuck as just being a disembodied head or would I somehow grow a new body? Same question from the standpoint of becoming completely ash. Would this regrowth, or any regrowth hurt or take a long time to happen? What about memory? The human mind can only remember so much, so would I eventually forget who I am, who I was, how I became immortal, and those who were lost to the ages? There's more, but you get the idea.

Your poll options are quite limited, but I think I'd eventualy take it, but it's only half of a "yes" and not much of a "Oh, yeah.." If all I am today would remain intact and I mean all, but not stuck at this "level", than yes. I would also like to be able to learn new things. So for 50 years I would be a doctor and save lifes, for the next 10 years I will take a long vacantion as an excentric millionaire and so on. I will give all the jobs I could find a try.

Not a chance. Looking at it in the longterm the earth will not last forever and eventually you'll be stuck floating through an infinite space for eternity and that would majorly suck. There is also the chance that someone will become aware of your powers and you'll be kidnapped and spend a good many years being tested on. Fun in the short term but would inevitably become rather dull.

not a chance man.

if you are going to live forever life would get boring pretty quickly,the fun in life is trying to grab something or someone before the ride is over without the end then your not going to want ether or because it will be gone in a fraction of you lifespan and you would soon became a grouchy person who is to afraid to let something in

No, thank you. I think it'd suck the fun out of living. Where's the fun in, say, driving really fast, eating the wrong foods, smoking, bungee-jumping (just examples, I could go on) if there isn't that element of risk? Also, as others have said, would you still age? No thanks to being a granny for a million years. What about my loved ones? Do I have to watch them die? And if I do that'd be a lot of loved ones to lose over the course of infinity.

A big no thanks from me. A longer life would be great, but not immortality.