New Vegas Mod Detectives

myrmaad

Ok i need help finding a mod. I thought i'd downloaded it before but its not in my history. Its a mod that removes the backpack from all heavy weapons when held. I cant find it on the nexus but i cant remember what its called. Does anyone know?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

so im looking for a mod i had around a year ago, so its nothing recent. it added a coffee shop across the street from the ncr embassy on the strip.

i lost it due to hard drive failure and that set of back up discs are long gone, along with several mods no longer on the nexus :(

ive tried searching for coffee, shop, heck i searched for star bucks....

im not even sure why i want it again but i do lol, i honestly think it was part of another mod

I'm looking for a mod like hardcore mode but your followers don't die is there a mod like that ?

im sure ive seen one, but its not necessary, you can do that without taking up load order space.

method #1 - use the console (~ key) click your follower and type, no quotes:

"setav health 999999" then hit enter.....or some large number, for good measure type this too:

"sethealth 999999" this code is a leftover from the tes:morrowind days, im not sure if it still functions like it used to, but it doesnt come up invalid either.

(i think the way it works now: the av code adjusts total possible hp, and the other adjusts current hp)

while not unable to die, your companion has more hp than most guns can deal damage before breaking

method #2 - use the console (~ key) click your follower and type:

"gbo" then hit enter, this will return the base object id, then:

"setessential type-the-base-id-here 1" enter, there may or may not be a space between set and essential, i dont remember, the spaces are important, as is the one it sets the value to true

this sets your target to essential, they get knocked out but dont die, the issue with this, is that (to my knowledge) the "gbo" code is not native to the gamebryo engine and is a function of nvse which i highly recommend using anyway

Nice attitude about it.

Okay detectives I need help, what mod adds a craftable item called Gecko Sight and what does it do?

So nobody will even try to help me, fine nice "hot" dead thread.

Thank you very much, this thread is quite dead though. The Skyrim thread are alive and well, it seems people gave up on this game once it came out.

It is hardly dead. However yes Skyrim does get more hits as it is the most recent game. Fallout NV is about 2 years older than Skyrim..which just turned 2 recently itself. I am not sure what you expect. If someone knows the answer they will answer it. There isn't any reason to get your undies in a bunch. Feel free to go to the Beth site and ask there. It may get more traffic than here.~Lisnpup

I don't wear any thanks, and I'm sorry if I seem rude it just that, I've never been able to have a PC to game on and now I do so I feel that being newer to modding "New Vegas" I've been on Skyrim for about awhile, and just recently was able to get this game back (owned for xbox) and on the PC it sucks most mods are dead with no support from the authors who made them since stupid Skyrim came out. (I love Skyrim) I just think it's blah. Sorry.

mods that are dead are either finished or the author had no desire to finish it, heck, i have a dead mod because i couldnt learn texturing. modding for nv is not dead though, new mods come out every day and its 4 years old, every now and again a new mod will come out for morrowind, so as long as people and modders play the game, nothing is truly "dead".

but anyway, to reply:

you should wear some kind of garment underneath your pants, prevents chaffing and the like

gecko sight sounds like something from honest hearts to me lol

and if you dont know what gecko sight does, why do you want it? if thats the only feature you can remember from the mod, then why waste the effort searching for it?

no disrespect intended, but really, is that the mod itself or does it do other things, im looking for the nv equivalent of starbucks, and its not going to benefit me in any way, i just want it lol

gecko sight either highlights geckos in red tint, or gives you the ability to see like a gecko, probably not in the normal spectrum of light, and definitely not able to see bullets, tire irons, baseball bats and the occasional mini nuke shell which explains their suicide charges at well armed individuals

Nice attitude about it.

Okay detectives I need help, what mod adds a craftable item called Gecko Sight and what does it do?

So nobody will even try to help me, fine nice "hot" dead thread.

Thank you very much, this thread is quite dead though. The Skyrim thread are alive and well, it seems people gave up on this game once it came out.

It is hardly dead. However yes Skyrim does get more hits as it is the most recent game. Fallout NV is about 2 years older than Skyrim..which just turned 2 recently itself. I am not sure what you expect. If someone knows the answer they will answer it. There isn't any reason to get your undies in a bunch. Feel free to go to the Beth site and ask there. It may get more traffic than here.~Lisnpup

I don't wear any thanks, and I'm sorry if I seem rude it just that, I've never been able to have a PC to game on and now I do so I feel that being newer to modding "New Vegas" I've been on Skyrim for about awhile, and just recently was able to get this game back (owned for xbox) and on the PC it sucks most mods are dead with no support from the authors who made them since stupid Skyrim came out. (I love Skyrim) I just think it's blah. Sorry.

mods that are dead are either finished or the author had no desire to finish it, heck, i have a dead mod because i couldnt learn texturing. modding for nv is not dead though, new mods come out every day and its 4 years old, every now and again a new mod will come out for morrowind, so as long as people and modders play the game, nothing is truly "dead".

but anyway, to reply:

you should wear some kind of garment underneath your pants, prevents chaffing and the like

gecko sight sounds like something from honest hearts to me lol

and if you dont know what gecko sight does, why do you want it? if thats the only feature you can remember from the mod, then why waste the effort searching for it?

no disrespect intended, but really, is that the mod itself or does it do other things, im looking for the nv equivalent of starbucks, and its not going to benefit me in any way, i just want it lol

gecko sight either highlights geckos in red tint, or gives you the ability to see like a gecko, probably not in the normal spectrum of light, and definitely not able to see bullets, tire irons, baseball bats and the occasional mini nuke shell which explains their suicide charges at well armed individuals

First off let me say, no chaffing at all never had any underwear, since I was a kid. Don't like em. Second let me say, I saw a brief glimps of the craftable item on a let's play video by the amazing Gopher. I just was wondering what exactly it does, because it has bugged me since I seen the brief glimps. I can't remember which video either or I'd just pause it to see what it does.

• 2 weeks later...

There was this mod where you could move the mouse around your character in 3rd person and let's you see your character from the front (like Skyrim). I'm not good at explaining, sorry.

No need for a mod to do this, just hold "F" and move the mouse around, use your mousewheel while "F" is held to zoom in and out. For free camera controls, bring up the console by hitting " ^ " (tilde-key) and enter "tfc" without the quotes to enter free camera mode!