Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the graphics "card" over heated and may have cracked the GPU. (I say card as most lap tops use onboard video. As for crack I actually mean cracked wide open like a physical hole in the processor.) Though it could still be just tied to just over heating and no physical damage at all. THe best way to fix that is just taken an air can and spraying out system and pay extra attention to the cpu, and gpu areas. (Fans, Heat Sink, and Pins)

Its an nvidia Geforce 485M card... brand new.

I did notice it getting rather hot the other day, so I stopped using it.

As of now my computer was in hibernation mode all night, and has yet to show any graphical errors on Firefox.

I'm going to start Minecraft and hope for the best.

And Fallout: New Vegas and Minecraft play with no errors.....

Did it just overheat?

Edited by yoba333

As of now my computer was in hibernation mode all night, and has yet to show any graphical errors on Firefox.

I find it helps the lifetime of the laptop if you actually turn it off. I cant understand people who leave their PC's on 24/7... :wacko:

I find it helps the lifetime of the laptop if you actually turn it off. I cant understand people who leave their PC's on 24/7... :wacko:

Yeah... but then you have to turn it on again in the morning and enter your password and stuff.... waaaay too much work :P

I'll start doing that now.. I wonder if I still need to send it in. I don't feel comfortable tearing open the case and looking to see if there's a hole in my GPU myself.

Keeping my xbox on at a warm night (usually never did it but I fell asleep) caused it to overheat and die. That's why I don't leave stuff on anymore for too long.

You're just lowering the life-expectancy and efficiency of your rig. Laptops are even worse as they always have issues and disadvantages in heat dispersal.

It does indeed. To be honest though, mine generally runs ~150/168 hours of the week. Its a convenience deal, coupled with the fact that I use it as an alarm system. ;)

I do run mine almost constantly on a airflow pad, and used to monitor the status pretty heavily. The last year or so though, I've simply let it be. I'll probably need to open it up and clean/reseat heatsinks in the future, but right now it runs beautifully.

My 2 cents.

Has the server version been upgraded? My 1.5_01 is giving me Outdated Client errors.

Yup but its still down. If ethre likes my idea we will have a LOT of fun. Its a surprise :D