Plasma Caster: Your thoughts?

WarKirby3333

Hi everyone. Looking for some general opinions regarding plasma weapons, and specifically the Plasma Caster.

From the look and size of the caster, I was expecting something like a plasma version of the gatling laser. In that regard it's a bit disappointing. It has a tiny clip size, and is only semi-automatic in it's firing. The damage is ok I guess, but nothing to write home about.

How does everyone feel it compares to other choices in the plasma category? like the Multiplas rifle?

dev's uber nerfed all energy weapons in this game

especially with the superlative ammunition consumption (tessla cannon eats around 45 rounds for a single shot!)

Like they were trying to force you to use conventional weapons

in violation of established lore (established by ALL previous fallout games)

some mods attempt to correct this

I felt in was in cannon, while its true that all the energy weapons have been dulled down in damage, the plasma caster is exactly how it was in the original fallouts, 1 shot at a time, and okay damage, they did good work with the model too. I love that we're finally getting back to pure fallout ideas, slowly since Vegas doesn't have nearly enough of the classic humor that made fallout so much fun.

I felt in was in cannon, while its true that all the energy weapons have been dulled down in damage, the plasma caster is exactly how it was in the original fallouts, 1 shot at a time,

you mean in FO1 it used 10 microfusion cells per single shot???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how in the name of Akatosh (wrong lore) did energy weapons ever attempt to supplant conventional weapons

must have been one extremely strong battery lobby

I felt in was in cannon, while its true that all the energy weapons have been dulled down in damage, the plasma caster is exactly how it was in the original fallouts, 1 shot at a time,

you mean in FO1 it used 10 microfusion cells per single shot???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how in the name of Akatosh (wrong lore) did energy weapons ever attempt to supplant conventional weapons

must have been one extremely strong battery lobby

No it didn't use ten charges, nothing ever used more than a round at a time unless it was burst fire.

But then I feel this is the developers attempt at balance since there is an overabundacne of most ammo in the game, you have to remember that in Fallout your ammo is supposed to be a valued commodity, each shot would be like someone throwing away diamonds in real life, bullets are supposed to be like gems in fallout. In all other ways its just like its classic incarnation.

Naw it's just immensely in favor of guns, e.g. you can buy 700 5mm ammo at a time, 150 .50 caliber at a time, etc. Gun ammo is so plentiful you don't even look at the "surplus" type ammos, there's just so much of it everywhere. The only bullets that are even a little hard to come by are .50 cal, but then there's only one gun that shoots them and it doesn't need all that much to do its job. For energy weaps, granted you can recombine the low ammo into high ammo, but still, their damage is terrible and ammo consumption is unpleasant, guns are just way better in pretty much all ways (which is bad).