Nexus hacking

Dark0ne

I only brought up adding the change to the Registration page to cover his... um, back.

Don't get why anyone would be mad about that... I'm for him in this, not against him.

im confused

are you for the hacker? if so, you are a traitor to the site

if i misread your post i apologize with full sincerity

Ha ha! No... "him" and "his" refers to Dark0ne.

Damn me and my ambiguity... I should quit while I'm behind and go back to lurking.

ah ok

i apologize with full sincerity

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for all my accounts like PayPal, etc. I am totally cool. No need to freak out. New password and case solved. And btw, as an extra security, ALLWAYS keep an extra account, on which you transfer just enough money for your transaction. NEVER link your main account to any thing like PayPal, MoneyMakers, etc. etc :thumbsup: .

And don´t cry Dark0ne. :cool: You are doing well. This is the first time. My tele company (and others) sells my e-mail approx. once in a week to different advertising companies. I am NOT sarcastic. I mean it. :wink:

Interestingly Kotaku have just announced they've also been hacked. Probably unrelated but goes to show that even the big boys are susceptible to this sort of stuff.

The Fallout Nexus is down again it looks like, maybe that idiot or his friends are coming back for more. :verymad:

Also saw reports that Lifehacker, Gizmodo and Gawker (all the same group) had their databases hacked. All report the same kind of attack and recommend changing passwords.

My guess is that someone published a simple cookbook type hack and the script kiddies all had to try it on their favorite forums.

Could it be a previously banned member, that has been on "hackers tutorial" and now try to get revenge on The Nexus?

It is possible but I doubt it. They went after email addresses and sold them to marketing companies. Not something one does when they are upset at moderators. This seems to be purely motivated by money. We have spammers always trying to get onto this site to post their ads to our members. Many automated attacks do not work...the ones that do get past registration were typically done by hand 1st. But we've been pretty good about foiling their plans and suppressing their ads.

LHammonds