Nexus hacking

Dark0ne

If you enter your password incorrectly five times or more you get blocked for 15 minutes. Try again in 15 mins.

Change your password on the forums if you can't remember your password or it doesn't seem to be working.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the funny thing, I don't think I had done it five times before I got that message. I have got in now. I think the latest version of Firefox is a bit odd as it has started acting the goat with other sites as well, it may be I need to use another browser.

It seems to me that a sane response would be to start encrypting those email addresses in the databases. Even with database access, it would require some extra work to decipher the emails. Alas, unlike passwords, email addresses need to be decrypted to be useful for the site.

Script kiddie or hacker, both the same since you need the mindset to actually DO something to attack or compromise a target. Illegal in both departments.

I'm all for having the kid magically fill their shorts when law enforcement knocks on their door.

@Dark0ne

You are not the only recent target:

This arrived form DeviantArt today

Silverpop Systems, Inc., a leading marketing company that sends email messages for its clients, told us that information was taken from its servers. This was probably part of a sweep by spammers. As a result, email addresses belonging to deviantART members were copied. Corresponding usernames and birth date may also have been removed.

I personally have around 2000 clients across the world to advise that I am discontinuing an old Backup email account because its details have been scavenged from its hosting ISP on a number of occassions, and now those details appear to have been onsold (by hackers). Fortunately for me while this is inconvenient the security of my own systems has not been compromised.

Hope you all have a good Christmas and New Year, Cheers

DragonAviator

No gripes from this quarter. I know you guys work your tushies off to keep this place in good order and this is one of those "sh*t happens" things. The only unhackable system is locked in the Titanic's safe. It's not terribly usable, but it's secure. Thanks for letting the users know about it.

Removed by Poster

Let's all stay calm. This guy DarkPwn is simply a troll wanting attention and to cause a bunch of drama, so just don't do it. Never feed a troll lest we become one, ourselves. -myrmaad

Edited by Borch1d

In one particular online game *unmentioned* get this... for hackers trying to get 1 particular thing.. a *password* was so fustrating.. lost 4 emails due to hack attempts to aquire my info for ingame.. so i'm pretty positive i'm not alone when i say this type of activety is flustering :wallbash:

But we all knew what for..there at least.. here it's pretty much the same.. the spam you department at unkown residence wants to make a few quick bucks selling your webby for spam adds or the ever popular virus/trojan dumps.. bleh..

If anything to compremise data.. but i doubt thats the case here considering the data is here is just our emails were poked apon.. but we'll live an i personally thank the staff at Nexus for not only being informative to the client base but forwarning us of what was to come from the said incident *nods* coulda been a lot worse for sure.

but yesh like a few said plz, plz change your pass's.. after aquiring a few friends here i would hate to lose yas from this sad occurance. =S Tc, *waves*

Edited by bandernoodle