Post your ideas for possible Parodies for the Special Encounters Mod

simplywayne90

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i read through most of the ideas, but it's just too much right now xD sorry if someone already said that...

Back to the Future:

Encounter 2 guys in a coat and hat asking if you are the one called "McFly", then handing you a letter from doc stating he is in the year 2077 (possibly later find a grave with a stone that says he died in 2077)

Family Guy:

Encounter an agressive man-sized yellow chicken...

Justin Bieber:

Encounter a weird singing kid that is killed by a group of people.

4chan:

Encounter 2 guys talking, anon and ymous: "Hey check it out, i found this pic" "EW that's gross... sauce?" "Westside /b"

Batman (old series with Adam West):

Encounter an old and a young guy, Old: "It seems the world has ended in a nuclear war! To the Bat-Vault!" Young: "But Bruce... it's long over, and the radiation isn't that dangerous anymore." Old: "Robin. Soon you will be old enough to drive a car or drink alcohol. Then you will have to decide what kind of man you want to be. I can only hope you will decide for the..." Young: "F*** you, i've listened to your senseless speeches far too long."

Anyways... i'd really like to see the first one, and it's quite easy to do :)

Also, i'd offer my help as scripter, although i'm still learning. Let me know via pm if you are interested.

dk

I don't know how obscure this is, but I thought it'd be kind of funny to add a parody to the Red Dwarf episode "Quarantine" (one of my favorites). You could run into a guy wearing a red checkered dress and wearing a yellow wig with pigtails. He'll have a puppet named Mr. Flibbles that shoots lasers. Perhaps have 3 named bodies on the ground, one wearing a suit (The Cat), the other a merc charmer outfit (Lister), and the other being a robot (Kryten).

edit: Some other things you could add to the encounter is a luck virus on Lister's body (temporary boost to 10 luck, or maybe just a +1 boost), and maybe even allow people to pickup Mr. Flibbles and use as a energy weapon.

Also maybe a guy standing outside of a telephone box named "Doctor Who" and the only dialogue will be something like:

You: What's your name?

Doctor Who: Doctor Who

You: Who?

Doctor: Just call me the Doctor.

You: Whatever.

edit: Guess that one is already on the list, still the dialouge would be humorous

Edited by nop277

Have one where you find the remains of a bar blown open to the wasteland, a guy sitting at the table with a .44 on it and a bottle of whiskey. Three other guys walk up with 9mm's (custom image) that say on the side Replica. Im sure you get where im going.

Also another one where you find a skeleton with a bunch of prewar books around him, a custom book imaged with A-XBO on the top of it. (old 1940s/50s referance, look up the line on youtube and watch it!)

think thatll be lock stock and 2 smokin barrels

also any thing from Snatch

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a bit of an update on the S.E.R project, the work is stalled due to members having school, and various other responsiblities but the discussion and expansion of the idea is still steaming along.

Currently planned Special Encounters include:

- Bridge Of Death (WIP, 70% Completed)

- Encountering Monty Pythons King Arthur And His Knights (Not Started Yet)

- Encountering Monty Pythons killer rabbit (rat in-game) and the Knights battling (Not Started Yet)

- Nanuk And His "Little Tribal" on 2 occasions (Not Started, but could be made with a hour or two of work likely)

- The Tin Man Encounter (Completed, Needs A Good voice actor in the future)

- The Cafe Of Broken Dreams (WIP, Progress Unknown at the moment)

- The Guardian Of Forever and Past Vault 13 (Completed Utterly, except we need a cool raygun for the solar scorcher.)

- A wonderous encounter with the Ghoul King Of Pop (Dance animations aquired, just requires fun costumes and NPCs to be made)

- More To Come Later

Possible (But at the moment we should focus on the classics first, then add new ones as time passes) Future Encounters Still Being Discussed

- Zombie Hitler and SS officers (Possible using old nazi uniform mods and zombie apocolpse, also possible porting of COD nazi zombies)

- Tardis From Doctor Who (Update, This was already done by Fallout Who Creator Demeggy with us.)

- Twilight Parodies (Idea Phase)

- Giant Footprint and Squished Japanese Man

- Cameo From Crypto From Destroy All Humans games. (Not Likely, but has been requested more than once.)

- Guitar Hero Parody (Guitars are already possible, just needs NPC and funny backstory/setting)

- Tiger Woods Being Beat With a 9 Iron By His Wife. (Not likely, We've recieved an impassive response to it.)

- Gunslinger (Outfit) and Mexican Bandito (Rauls Outfit) (Possible, but needs something funny)

- Men In Black And Crashed Alien Ship (MIB Parody) (Again, connected with invader zim, orthopox, cyrpto)

- Hubologists (Scientology Parody) (Likely, we even found a shuttle model to use possibly)

- Mad Max and His Dogmeat (Parody Of Fallout since Fallout is based on Mad Max) (Likely, due to good response to the concept)

- Ninjas (Since Ninja Mods Seem rather popular) (Likely, due to the ease of creation from the large amount of resources for it)

- Perhaps some encounters with anime characters (Trigun, etc. I see requests and things like these a lot) (Likely since anime things are popular in Fallout mods and would be easy to parody)

- The Master Chef (Parody Of Halo) This one I'll probably revise.

- We Need a Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy Encounter, (But the whale would take too much work) (We have found a model of Marvin the manically depressed robot voiced by the actor who plays Snape in Harry potter, so I personally would like to create it maybe.)

- More To Come Later.

Easter Egg Ideas

- Halo-like skulls throughout the mojave that when obtained make the xbox achievement sound and notice pop-up with insults to players like "A hand is not a girlfriend" skull, or the "Congrats! you've wasted an hour to find me, a-hole" skull.

- Horse/Pony Figurines to screw with players contanst requests for horses in Fallout.

- Various Pop culture items, like Gaga outfit pieces, or finding Beiber Hair, Snookie's Spray Tan, etc.

- A Trojan Rabbit, (Another Monty Python Reference)

- A Fisto Sexbot that stalks the player just like Victor does, and offers its services, with an arguement it thinks is logical.

- More references to Classic fallouts.

- More To Come Later.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are just some old shots of special encounters from previous Fallouts that we haven't mentioned yet

The B-100 Terminator Brahmin Thread

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080121163130/fallout/images/f/f8/B1000_FoT.jpg

There were some funny parodies in Fallout tactics, like the Matrix parody with a Robot overlord and humans on treadmills.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080121161918/fallout/images/a/ab/Coppertops_FoT.jpg

4 horseman of the post-apocolypse.

Narrator: War....War never changes.

War (The Horseman): F*** you! You don't know ME!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091018011938/fallout/images/thumb/5/52/FourHorsemenPostApoc.jpg/625px-FourHorsemenPostApoc.jpg

The Talking Sacred head of the Vault Dweller

"GET YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF ME!" - Giant Stone Head

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101129120621/fallout/images/f/f0/SacredHead.png

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, This is what happens when a whale falls from the sky. With a pot of flowers as well. =P

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090410023907/fallout/images/c/c1/Crashedwhale.png

Riddick From Pitch Black, The joke was that you couldn't see Riddick, and that in the dark were also about 15 tough deathclaws who you couldn't see either. 0___0

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091018033904/fallout/images/9/98/PitchBlack.jpg

Ameilia Earhart's Crashed Plane, This one isn't that funny but could be a good "How the hell did that get here?" moment

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080121161148/fallout/images/thumb/c/cf/Amelia_ToS.jpg/754px-Amelia_ToS.jpg

Speaking of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

How about we have an encounter like a man in his nightwear, wandering across the desert. As soon as he sees the player, he gets closer. He will introduce himself as Arthur Dent and ask for directions to London. Suddenly in the dialoge you read that the book he is holding will start rambling on about London City in a British accent. Arthur will become frustrated and gives it to you, complaining about things like, "A towel is not needed in EVERY situation, and the answer is NOT 42!"

The cover of the electronic book says: Don’t Panic.

Idea from Falloutpnp

Aww, no love for the classic Brahmin Herd? Moo, I say!

Also consider a Back to the Future reference? For example, a car crashed into the front of an abandoned town hall with a clocktower (Nipton maybe?) with a stash of fission batteries perhaps? Oh, and a skeleton slumped over the wheel complete with googles and a lab coat of course xD Maybe even notes about time travel. Time travel? What nonsense! :biggrin:

It's not that I didn't want the brahmin herd that explodes, it's just something I feel might be too much work for not enough pay-off. I'd love to do the B-1000 however, maybe a herd of them.

Also everyone you need to watch this little movie, I thought it was pretty good, and maybe we may parody it in the future if people like the video enough, I thought it was very good, and had a good Fallout humor to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9UwlAAnlmg

Edited by simplywayne90