Perfect World

marharth

Hmmm.

I would like to live in a world of machines because machines are so much more intelligent than we are.

Hmmm

Did you ever try talking to a toaster

Have YOU ever tried talking to a toaster?

You might be surprised about what it can teach you, even though you are assume toasters can't talk. Have you ever greeted a toaster and attempted to engage in conversation?

I think he meant something more like computers lol.

Hmmm.

I would like to live in a world of machines because machines are so much more intelligent than we are.

Hmmm

Did you ever try talking to a toaster

Have YOU ever tried talking to a toaster?

You might be surprised about what it can teach you, even though you are assume toasters can't talk. Have you ever greeted a toaster and attempted to engage in conversation?

I think he meant something more like computers lol.

I surmised he was talking about some form of computer AI but the image of trying to talk to a toaster amused me so much.

If I ever hear a toaster chat me up about financial news I'll rethink my bemusement or go see a psychiatrist ,either or.

:thumbsup: But is it possible to change human nature?

We also have different opinions about how a perfect world would look like.

One doesn't care about nature and only wants to earn money or he may just hate nature, because he made bad experiences with not that friendly animals. Another one loves nature and hates every facility or industrys.

Thus we really can't get a perfect world for everyone, since there is just one.

Exactly, which was the point I was getting to. (I lost track near the end).

If I have the meanings of my vocabularies right, a perfect world therefor would be some kind of Paradox.

In order to create a perfect world that is different from our current one, we would have to change ourselves.

And with that, the perfect world isn't really 'our' perfect world anymore, but instead hypothetically be of the changed humankind.

Someone once said, when a man loses his purpose, he loses his will to live.

Aiming for that perfect world is our purpose, our goal. And we are genetically engineered to never reach it.

So maybe the underlying question is: what is the purpose of life if your imprinted goal isn't reachable?

Mind you, its not the same question if life is WORTH living. As long as we have those small pleasures like Fridays, Beer (in its positive meaning), Fortune, a nr. 1 on the loo... I think it still is. :turned:

Edited by RJ the Shadow

It depends what sort of toaster really. Some are chatty and entertaining, some sound like they do the financial news.

Then, of course, you've got the one in my sig, who'll try to kill you.

looks like he is single slot, you need like 10 slots for it to be worthwhile

i would have a warzone in my perfect world, gotta thin the herd occasionally

If I have the meanings of my vocabularies right, a perfect world therefor would be some kind of Paradox.

Yep, paradox seems to be fittling. Or you can say, we are imperfect beings in an imperfect world. So in this means we are fitting together. Our relationship to this world is just as difficult as we are.

Someone once said, when a man loses his purpose, he loses his will to live.

Aiming for that perfect world is our purpose, our goal. And we are genetically engineered to never reach it.

This might be the reason why so many people think that a perfect world would be one without humans.

We can't stand our imperfect selfes and there are so many jerks around. It can be quite tensing. Guess, sooner or later everyone has it's own little hell to pass through.

So maybe the underlying question is: what is the purpose of life if your imprinted goal isn't reachable?

Mind you, its not the same question if life is WORTH living. As long as we have those small pleasures like Fridays, Beer (in its positive meaning), Fortune, a nr. 1 on the loo... I think it still is. :turned:

Yes, it is worth. Maybe this already is the purpose? Enjoying things which make it worth?

Friends, the beauty of the world, having sex beneath the sky, observed by curious satelites ;D ...

Think everyone has it's own tastes of it.

Edited by tortured Tomato

My idea of a perfect world is a world that isn't perfect.

I know this sounds somewhat strange, but think about it; would you really want a world that is the ideal Utopia? No, because it's impossible, the only real "Utopia" is only one that can be enforced heavily by the law, forcing everyone to be tolerate of everyone and changing the world wide goverment into a totalitarian state. Now I'm not saying the world we have now is what I have envisoned, of course not. I want our world to be as close to a Utopia as it can be, to be one in itself...

I don't think so...

Hmmm.

The only sort of wisdom to be found on this earth is almost certain to have come out of a machine; because they're being of pure logic, and most conflict comes out of illogical stupidity.

Im not talking about urbanisation, Im talking about completely re balancing the habitational sphere of existance that machines grow and spread and evolve like animals, and plants are contructed and given purpose like machines.

A world of living macromechanic wonder. Terrible yet beautiful, with each machine being "made" of tiny nanomachine components that allow it to move, change, and behave like a living substance. Wild machines taking the place of animals, plants, a food chain of machines. Predators that destroy prey to absorb their component resources. Prey that act by either pruning growth off larger, inanimate treelike growing machines or by drawing waste products into themselves.

A self sustaining darwinian biosphere of machines.

"The only sort of wisdom to be found on this earth is almost certain to have come out of a machine; because they're being of pure logic, and most conflict comes out of illogical stupidity."

All logical reasoning is ultimately developed out of some notion(s) accepted as axiomatic, and therefore illogical. You can't win.

"A self sustaining darwinian biosphere of machines."

Remove religion and that is exactly what we have right now.

Edited by roquefort

My idea of a perfect world is a world that isn't perfect.

I know this sounds somewhat strange, but think about it; would you really want a world that is the ideal Utopia? No, because it's impossible, the only real "Utopia" is only one that can be enforced heavily by the law, forcing everyone to be tolerate of everyone and changing the world wide goverment into a totalitarian state. Now I'm not saying the world we have now is what I have envisoned, of course not. I want our world to be as close to a Utopia as it can be, to be one in itself...

I don't think so...

The issue is that people have different perceptions of Utopia, you seem to thing its were everyone is safe...

My idea of a Utopia would be that of complete freedom, so you don't need to even have a government to have a Utopia.